My Sweet Angel Baby Crossed the Rainbow Bridge 2/5/16

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well I have a little pile of wet tissues here now thanks to your sister's communications with Angel.  

You are incredibly lucky to have family who undestand how important Angel is in your life and how close your bond is with him.  That necklace looks like it should hold very powerful positive healing energy: what a wonderful gift.  

Loving the latest fun pages added to that scrap book.  

I will repeat it for you over and over. The tears are healing. It's like an emotional pressure valve. Pull over if you need to. Keep boxes of Kleenex handy. The firsts are always the worst.
Oh my, soaked my hoodie again. That just yanked on the heart strings here. I still cry for Lucky and it's been over three months. The tears just come - and sometimes I'm in my own home or (often) my car. Other times, it hits me at work or some other not-so-great place. I think that letter hit us all in that same spot in the heart.

Looking forward to seeing the photo album. I can't look now, I'll bawl just that much more. But maybe this weekend.
Thank you all, yes, it is something special I will always cherish.  
  ......and yes, I have a box of tissues in almost every room! 

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The letter was so beautiful, it really touched my heart. I lost my 2 cats over a month ago and I still cry every day. I feel your pain and we are all here for each other in this painful time. Much hugs for you.
I'm so sorry to hear that.  

Yes, everyone here has made such a difference just being here. This really is a special place!              

dmk129

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That card and necklace were such a sweet thing to do.  I am sure Angel is in heaven now and is happy and whole again.  The necklace is amethyst which is to have healing properties.  Such a wonderful sister to do something so sweet.  Your Angel kitty sure was a photogenic boy.  Such a beautiful cat.  He also has gone into so many hearts through you telling us about him.  We have all shed so many tears with his loss.  Yes--He was so much more than just a cat.  So much love between you and that special kitty.

Darla

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
I really think your Scrapbook for Angel is Beautiful, Kelly.  As you mentioned, it is therapeutic, and thank you for sharing it with all of us.

Seeing Angel's photos in the scrapbook, and on photobucket, just reminds me how funny, entertaining, and handsome Angel is. (I also thought, like others, that the photo of you kissing Angel, with the hearts around, was the 'cover photo'...it's a great shot, so expressive and meaningful...even though you said it was only the last page, that day...
.)

You'll probably have many emotional moments, that will seem to 'hit out of the blue', and occur whenever sad thoughts enter, but I hope that over time they become less and less.

And yes, I get that you were doing that same driving route, this week, as you did two weeks ago, and it must have triggered that particular sad thought for you, and wishing that you could have stayed home...if you had known things ahead of time, but sadly, we never do know things ahead of time, and often wish that we could have done certain things differently, but then again, maybe it's just all the way it was supposed to go. (Not that this makes you feel any better, though.)

What your sister did was really sweet and special. It's like she knew that you needed to hear those words. You really will see Angel again, and know that he is painfree and playing/doing whatever he wants.

I hope your days are filled with more and more days of less sadness and more fond memories, but the sad thoughts are also necessary, to let go of your grief,...so I hope the sad thoughts are quickly replaced with only awesome thoughts of Angel, and these awesome thoughts fills all your spaces. 

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cat nap, @ Jenny, @dmk 129 & @bonepicker, Thank you all so much!  Yes, it was very special to receive that from my sister.  I'm glad to have a card up that makes me smile. How could I not with that silly smiling kitty on the front!  

Yes, I know I will have many more sad moments, but as time passes the good memories are closer as well, to make those moments not as bad. 

He was my silly little monkey!    Yes he definitely was photogenic. I was taking pictures of him all of the time.  I'm sure if he could, he'd call me his "momarazzi!"

,,,,,,,,,,,,"There she goes again!"  

I also used to give him lots of kisses, and I'm sure if he could he'd have said, "Moooom!"   But I used to just tell him that it was his fault because he was SO yummy!  

Sometime soon, I will have to go through & see if there are anymore videos I can put on photobucket of him.  I found one on my phone last week that I added, called "Gimme a kiss."  ......or more like Angel saying "gimme a treat!" 

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Getting those cards must have been such a comfort.  
   Angel really was a special boy and he obviously touched a lot more people than all of us here.  I mean, we fell in love with him and never even met him!  I'm so glad people are giving you such love and understanding right now.  It makes such a huge difference.  

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Getting those cards must have been such a comfort.  
   Angel really was a special boy and he obviously touched a lot more people than all of us here.  I mean, we fell in love with him and never even met him!  I'm so glad people are giving you such love and understanding right now.  It makes such a huge difference.  
Thanks margd, yes it is. it's nice to know people really do understand.. I think also because it was just he & I, people saw how special he was to me, & how close we were. 

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, thanks Eric. 

Yes, I emailed the vet yesterday to thank her for the card they sent, & tell her that I couldn't have asked for a better vet, or a better place. I thanked her for the wonderful care she gave Angel, & asked her to also pass it on the the tech that always worked with him. I also let her know that we had only used 7 of the 90 bottle of Cardio strength, (& that was expensive!)  as well as 66 of the 80 pro-viable probiotics, & if she had any patients that she could "pass them forward" to, then I would appreciate that. That if it could go to someone who needed it, & wasn't as blessed to have the financial gifts that I received, It would make me happy. She said that she did, & she would, & thanked me. I also gave her a gift certificate for Christmas, for a massage w/ me, & told her I still want her to come & use it.

She said she definitely would, but was giving me more time to heal. 
  She really is the best, & the staff there so wonderful, It's weird that I don't see them every week now. If they weren't so far away, I'd see if they needed any volunteers, but I know they have a few younger people who do that. 

Last edited:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi guys, I have a few things to share with you today.
Today was an emotional day. The only reason I can think of that triggered it, was that even though I worked last Friday, today was my first day back to a regular week. Most of my clients are biweekly, so it was also where I was going each day, on Angel's last week. Had I known I wouldn't get the weekend w/ him as I'd hoped, I would have stayed home that last day before to spend with him. It was just a sad thought. 
I was crying as I drove this morning. Then, when I got home there was a card in my door, "To mommy." Well, I lost it as soon as I got in the door ,( of course).  As I opened it, & read it, I figured it was from my sister.I text her, & it was. There was also a necklace in it from him too. It was very sweet, & very special. I thanked her, & told her I will keep it always!  I balled my eyes out!  You will see why below.....

And, I did these scrapbook pages yesterday.  This one says, "Really mom?"       "Smart kitty", "You eyeball'n my sandwich boy?"  & "Ahhh, wize guy eah?"

I hope you'll wear the necklace.

crazy4strays

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You were such a good mom to your fur baby. Those strays sure implant their claws in our hearts. What a special bond when they specifically choose us to adopt them.

I'm so glad that you've gotten so many cards and so much support. 

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How old was angel?
I am pretty sure he was 12.

When I took him the the vets for the first time, they guessed about 5, but the neighbors where he came from, thought he was more like 6, so he was 12.  He kind of grew up next door, just showed up there, & they fed him, let him in, etc, but when he came to me, her daughter had just had a baby, so I think it got too noisy, & chaotic over there for him. Too much stress for him.  They didn't take him to the vet, etc.. just fed him once a day, & because he came inside, used a spot treatment on him. That's why when he first came to me he was clean, no fleas or anything.

It was meant to be though, he curled up in my lap on our first meeting. I now know that was rare & special for a cat to do w/ someone they just met. I had lived here for years at the time, & never had seen him until that day. He hung around for almost a year w/out being fed before I finally gave in, & let him in. 

If you haven't read our story, the link is here, 

http://www.thecatsite.com/a/how-angel-adopted-me-our-story