My ringworm story.

LadyBoneFlowers

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How I cured my cats of Ringworm.

I adopted two amazing 12 week old kittens from a local cat Rescue who I named Siouxsie and Salem. I was so very happy to be a cat mom.
When I brought them home they lived in my bedroom for about 3 weeks. I finally started to introduce them to the rest of the house and one night noticed a big bald patch on the back of Salem’s leg. I had no idea what it was but it looked terrible and scaled.

I took them both to the vet right away the next day and through a woods lamp test found out they both had ringworm. I couldn’t afford the other tests. The doctor gave me some cream and that was that.

The cream was not working at all and my cat Siouxsie started to get a big bald patch near her eye by her ear. It was bad because she kept scratching it. At my wits end I scoured google to the point of being sick with stress. Ringworm is no joke and not an easy one to get rid of.

I ended up quarantining them to the living room where we had all wood floors. I took away decorations, furniture, anything that couldn’t be cleaned easily. I ended up giving them myconizole soap baths (oh boy did they hate that), and cleaning the wounds with ketowell Chlorhexidine spray and my cleaning regimen was cleaning EVERYTHING with Rescue disinfectant. I deep cleaned twice a week. I also got a different veterinary to prescribe us an antifungal called Itraconazole. Which is not cheap but very important. The cats were on a pulse therapy (every other week) of that for about a month.

This multifaceted approach finally started to pay off. Both the cats fur started growing back and I started to deep clean less and less. It’s been 3 months now since and they are finally fully healed and completely happy. It was kind of a stressful nightmare but was totally worth it.
I cannot stress enough, you cannot cure ringworm with one trick. You literally have to go in it on many directions from proper sanitation, wound care and oral medication. I was pretty relaxed about not wearing gloves and such. Me and my family did not get ringworm. We just washed our hands a ton!

If you have any questions about my approach and which products I used I am more than happy to share.
I’ve also attached a pic of my amazon list of stuff used.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LadyBoneFlowers

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I
I'm sure your story will help a LOT of our members. So many have been through this, and really struggled with it. Thank you so much for sharing it!
was in the opposite side of this horrible situation not long ago and couldn’t find many peoples success stories. So I feel I had to share.