My Poppy is pregnant

poppy89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My poppy is 62 days pregnant today! No signs of going into labour yet! What can I expect??

pau1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They can go as long as 69 days but usually the first sign is them becoming vocal. Also dont worry if they lose the plug and arent oushing the babies out yet, mine took about 5/6 hours to get the first one out. As long as she doesnt look destressed or is continously pushing for an hour she should be fine :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

poppy89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She has been a little more vocal over the last hour really! Every time I walk into the Same room as her she meows at me a couple of times! Could this be a sign

pau1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah i would take that as a sign, she could give birth tonight or in a couple of days, probably 2 or 3 would be my guess, speaking from experience.have a look whether you can see/feel milk building, just dont press too hard not damage the kittens.

poppy89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She has been leaking milk since yesterday, but I just thought that was a pregnancy sign not a labour sign! She is unsettled also going from room to room every 15 mins

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, she's looking big and comfy.

Do you have nests set up for her around the house? Can you keep her 100% inside and away from intact males until her kittens have weaned?

Now is also a good time to buy kitten supplies. You'll need a scale that measures in grams, kmr (powdered by kmr is best; avoid Hartz), and a needleless syringe in case you need to supplement.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She has been leaking milk since yesterday, but I just thought that was a pregnancy sign not a labour sign! She is unsettled also going from room to room every 15 mins
Milk can come in before or even after labor. It means she's close, but unfortunately doesn't tell you much!

poppy89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is totally a house cat! She only got pregnant as she escaped when my little boy left door open! So that's how I know how far she is along as she has only been outside the once!
She is being really affectionate and loving lots of cuddles with all the family at the moment!
Yes we have 3 little nests set up for her but she hasn't wanted to go near any of them as of yet! I have tried putting her inside but she just runs straight out again!!

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is totally a house cat! She only got pregnant as she escaped when my little boy left door open! So that's how I know how far she is along as she has only been outside the once!
She is being really affectionate and loving lots of cuddles with all the family at the moment!
Yes we have 3 little nests set up for her but she hasn't wanted to go near any of them as of yet! I have tried putting her inside but she just runs straight out again!!
Many cats don't go near their nests until they are ready to deliver. Totally normal!

There are lots of health benefits to spaying, so it's probably something to consider for when the babies are weaned. Cats are very persistant about getting out when in heat! Would you like any help finding a low cost clinic, or perhaps more information?

poppy89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I adopted her from someone as was told she had been spayed! She didn't really show any signs of coming into heat at all so j never questioned it! Didn't know she was pregnant til 4 weeks ago when she has a check up at vets, he wanted to me to have her spayed there and then but he told me she was more then half way through her pregnancy and I didn't want to do that! But I will def take her back to vets once kittens are here and have her done, thank you though

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I adopted her from someone as was told she had been spayed! She didn't really show any signs of coming into heat at all so j never questioned it! Didn't know she was pregnant til 4 weeks ago when she has a check up at vets, he wanted to me to have her spayed there and then but he told me she was more then half way through her pregnancy and I didn't want to do that! But I will def take her back to vets once kittens are here and have her done, thank you though
That's terrible that they lied to you! Mom can be spayed when the babies are 8 weeks old. She will likely go into heat before then, so you'll just have to be careful with the kids until then.

poppy89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know and I agree they shouldn't have lied but I already have great homes lined up for her kitties!

She is being really lazy just lying down now, she looks really unconfotable at the moment! Kittens are not as active as they have been! Tomorrow she will be 64 days is there anything that the vet could give her to bring on the labour! Only as from Thursday I am on 18 hours shifts til Sunday and want to be home for her when she in labour, my husband will b home between his work but to be honest he is useless with things like this

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's really best not to rush things with cat labor. They do much better with being overdue than early, and sometimes they need a bit more time. Early kittens do not fare well.

poppy89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok well I will just have to hope they arrive before Thursday or she holds out unti Monday when I have a week off of work! I will keep you all updated anyways! You have been a great help! She she shows any more signs I am not sure about I will be straight back on here! [emoji]128512[/emoji]

poppy89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Still no kitties or is there any indication she may go into labour! She is restless and doesn't really know what to do with herself! And is eating a mouth full of food every 15mins! She isn't vocal at all today!

krissy marissy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think she's got a couple days left. She's vocal and restless, so they'll be along soon...24-48 hours I'd say. Right on time. Not all mom's stop eating. If she'll let you, give her some nice long belly rubs. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

poppy89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is going from room to room so she is very unsure in what to do with herself! But she is happy! And loving cuddles for about 10mins at a time anyways! Thanks for your help

pau1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would try and shut her in one room and set the nesting box there so that you can make sure you can definitely spot the little ones when they are born if she has them whilst you're away/asleep.

poppy89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't like to shut her in one room, I also have another female cat and they are inseparable I don't want to upset them both but isolating them from one another! She has settled at the bottom of my bed now and is fast asleep but breathing heavy which isn't like her