Resolved My New Signature Has Been Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had edited my signature lately, but I have seen it's been lost...
It seems to me that my message count is lower than it was before the migration, but I could be wrong on this, and is not a major issue. My signature, though...

One more thing that I loved so much in the old version was the geographical location of the members. It seems that this bit of information has disappeared. I think it can be rather interesting or useful to know where each of us is based or live.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I can see your signature under your post. This is what your post looks like on my screen, along with the signature:
Capture.JPG

Are you seeing something else? Or did you make changes and they didn't "take"? If so, can you let us know if these were text edits or if you were trying to upload an image?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry, I used the wrong terms. I wanted to say that my signature is NOT what it was when I last edited it. It had switched back to the old signature. Not a big issue, but my sweet Lola has just died and her name was moved to the bottom line, along with my other Rainbow Bridge cats.
Seeing her still "alive" in the first line has given me shivers this morning :(

The post count being lower than it was makes me think that some of my posts have been lost... that would be really disappointing, especially if they are in my "Lola's fight against the squamous cell carcinoma" thread, that would be absolutely unfair!

Any chance to have our geographical location back?
Thanks!

EDIT: I have just noticed that at least one of my posts in the thread I have named above has gone! I'm speechless! :mad:

Last edited:

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Seeing her still "alive" in the first line has given me shivers this morning :(
I am so sorry about that! I completely know what you mean and wish we had the hugging smilies here as I'm sending you a big virtual hug.:(

Do you know when the last time you edited your signature was? I want to try and track this bug down to see how we can prevent this from happening to other members.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it was March 31st, the same day when I posted about my Lola's death. I remember that I edited my signature right after sending that post.

Have you noticed my EDIT to the previous post in this thread?

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Just saw your edit too :( We tried very hard to make sure everything gets moved along to the current platform but sometimes there's a hiccup in the transfer and a post is lost. Sorry about that!

I'll look into the signature issue - thank you for reporting it. Do you need help with editing your signature now?

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Anne, I should be fine with editing my signature.
Only that I don't feel like doing it now... editing it again would refresh my pain, I just can't do it.
But I can't stand reading it as it is either :(

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Would you like me to delete your signature for now? You can always come back to this thread where I posted a screenshot.

D

Deleted member 115554

Any user profile related info/edits between ~28th March to ~12th APR have not been carried over. Due to technical issues, copying this data would have required two days more downtime while we were migrating.

I apologize for the issue.

As for the posts missing, can you link me to the thread you are talking about and some indicators about the missing post(s)?

Last edited by a moderator:

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
CvP, thanks for looking into my issue.
The thread where I know at least one post is missing is this
Lola's fight with Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma (I'm going to say goodbye to my cat)
and the missing post I can surely spot was somewhere between page 4 and 5. I had posted a photo of my cat. Another member of the forum quoted it later, so at least one copy has survived. Reading the thread again it seems that posts of other members are missing too.
My post count was something between 110 and 120 some days ago, so I am missing 10-15 posts now probably spread over more threads. But what I really cry over is/are the missing post(s) in the thread above, where the last days of my sweet Lola were told :(

D

Deleted member 115554

Another member of the forum quoted it later, so at least one copy has survived
Can you please link to that specific post? It is really hard for me to understand which post is missing.

If I can see the issue, I might be able to do something about it.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise

This is Lola in a photo taken with my smartphone (excuse the poor quality) in August 2015, she was 15 years and 3 months old.

This is one of the last photo of her in good health. She started feeling bad two months later... she went up and down for five months until February 2016 when she started going constantly downhill due to a undiagnosed rare disease, the hyperaldosteronism. By the time the doctors found out what it was, in April, she was in poor conditions, she lost weight and has had a worn look since. She was operated in July 2016, she never regained her original weight, she never fully recovered, and when everything was going to look bright for us we found out the mouth cancer.

The grey spot in the center of her face is the result of the radiation therapy that she underwent in November 2011 to fight (and win) a cancer inside one of her nostrils.

In the picture she sits on one of the steps of a timber stair that I made for her because she has arthritis and couldn't jump to the window sill anymore. She still uses and loves it!

The white thing behind her is the radiator for home heating
Is this the post you are looking for?

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! You found it. It was way back, further back than I thought, I'm really sorry about it. Sorry for any inconvenience caused to the dveloper who might have better things to do than looking for posts reported as lost but still there.
Anyway it is still valid all the rest I said... I have lost some other posts, who knows where.
And I cannot find the strength and the courage to look at my signature :(

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
No problem! I think @CvP owes me a drink now. ;)

Antonio, please let us delete or edit your signature for you. We don't want it to cause you pain.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there any way that I buy a drink to you both? ;)
I fear that once my signature is deleted, I will never have the guts to rewrite it :(
And in order to let you edit it I should write it down for you the body of text, and it would be the same pain for me.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I've made a slight change to your signature to indicate the loss of Lola. Hugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.