My New Little Feller

romeo911

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello to the thread, I haven't posted on this site since I lost my sweet Romeo, I still miss him so and it's been pretty hard. My husband got me a new little boy his name is Bigleigh he is a white Persian similar to Romeo but not the same look. He is full of life and plays all the time. I just cry when he does something like Romeo used to do and I've called him Romeo alot. But he is not,, I still feel guilty that I enjoy this new life. Is it wrong to love something so much I miss Romeo. He was such a sweet soul but believe me this new Little one will and is loved. As I hold him I'm already afraid when will I loose him. I'm already overprotective and when he sneezed I panicked. I just wanted to tell everyone that I had a new four legged man in my life and if I can figure out I will post a picture but I will keep Romeo's on here,. I want to thank the certain ones you know who you are that helped me during a very sad time.[emoji]128062[/emoji]

bengalcatman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Loving the new in no way changes, diminishes or dishonors the love of the old. There's a lot of room in a heart that loves.

Slipping up and calling the new by the old name simply means that you still long to say a name that once came so easily, so effortlessly and with so much caring..... The new will only notice the love in your voice, not that name

Ten years have passed, and still I see something that reminds me..... and an old name slips out....

Enjoy your new friend.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I still call my cat Zoe by the name of my first cat who I lost 8 years ago.  You'll always have Romeo in your heart, but as @Bengalcatman  said so well "There's a lot of room in a heart that loves."  

I look forward to seeing photos of Bigleigh.  

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm so glad to see you've got a new "little man" in your life
  You should not feel guilty for loving him.  Romeo would want you to be happy again.  He knows you will always love him and never forget him, but doesn't want you to be sad for him.  This new little one needs you now.  I'm just so thrilled for you, and doubly thrilled that your husband got him for you!

Ok, we need pictures, definitely.  Maybe these instructions will help you out.  Don't be fooled by the title.  These instructions are for more than just ipads or iphones.  http://www.thecatsite.com/t/275740/how-to-post-pictures-from-an-ipad-iphone