My New Kitty Rosie Is Pregnant

MrsC82

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Does this look like a pregnancy nipple? I adopted my girl on sat. She’s unspayed and had been going out. She is constantly pawing/kneading us. But obviously I don’t know her to tell if this is unusual. Any advice would be greatly received. (I have read the rules and files ☺)

Attachments

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
How old is she?

The odds are she is pregnant if she is unspayed and had outdoor access. You can contact a vet and spay her now. Or wait and spay her once kittens are born. Depends on your feelings on the subject and neither is better than the other (provided she is at least a year old). As long as she is spayed before more litters happen. She doesn't look very far along if she is pregnant, but a vet exam would give you a better idea and confirm.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MrsC82

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They told me she’s 18 months old. If she is pregnant I fully intend to have her spayed as soon as possible after she has had them

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'd go with the theory she is pregnant until proven otherwise. Which at this point is just switch to kitten food so she gets more nutritionally dense food.

MrsC82

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Brilliant thank you!! Never had to deal with an animal pregnancy before

MrsC82

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So pregnancy confirmed by vet today. Poor little girl!! I’ll do all I can to make it easy for her x

love67742

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She seems really small... Try to stay with her while she's in labor. I'd suggest keeping her inside. Make sure she has a safe, warm, and quiet place to go. When it's been about 60 days of pregnancy, keep an eye on her for strange behavior. She could be about to have her kittens. When they are newborns, hold back on touching them for at least 1 or 2 days. Try to touch them less as possible unless you believe that the mother trusts you with her kittens. If you touch her, and she ends up moving them, don't touch them anymore unless absolutely needed. When she has her kittens, keep the mother inside. Good luck! ( P.s, Your cat is absolutely gorgeous :loveeyes:

MrsC82

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She seems really small... Try to stay with her while she's in labor. I'd suggest keeping her inside. Make sure she has a safe, warm, and quiet place to go. When it's been about 60 days of pregnancy, keep an eye on her for strange behavior. She could be about to have her kittens. When they are newborns, hold back on touching them for at least 1 or 2 days. Try to touch them less as possible unless you believe that the mother trusts you with her kittens. If you touch her, and she ends up moving them, don't touch them anymore unless absolutely needed. When she has her kittens, keep the mother inside. Good luck! ( P.s, Your cat is absolutely gorgeous :loveeyes:
Thank you!! Yeah she’s about 18 months old but she is very petite. I’ll be right by her side ☺ I have only had her 4 days x

MrsC82

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A16F6351-BCEA-44E7-831E-D329728E3868.jpeg
Hi!! I got my cat 13 days ago. I didn’t know she was pregnant when I took her on She has been vet checked but they didn’t know how far she was ‍♀

Any clues would be a great help

Attachments

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She looks about 6 weeks pregnant, but it all depends on how many kittens she will have. My small one year old Ruby just finished having 5 kittens!!!

MrsC82

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She looks about 6 weeks pregnant, but it all depends on how many kittens she will have. My small one year old Ruby just finished having 5 kittens!!!
I was guessing at 5/6 weeks. Thanks ☺

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
When you finally see and feel kitten movement it’s usually 2-3 weeks until delivery. :)

MrsC82

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When you finally see and feel kitten movement it’s usually 2-3 weeks until delivery. :)
Haven’t felt any def movement yet. Just a couple “bubbles popping”

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Feed the mom cat to be kitty kibble wet food and some KMR (Kitten Milk Replacement) from now until the kittens are weened. She needs the extra calories and protein for the kittens to be now and for the milk while she is nursing the kittens.

Looks like you got a sweet cat! Keep us updated!