My new fur baby Angel 4 days old

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sweet. Would love to see photos of the rest of the gang.

Please keep your just-neutered boy away from mom for the next month or so. He will still be fertile for that time, and mom can get pregnant again any time now, even without going into heat. Mom can be spayed when the baby is 8 weeks old.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catladylou

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
OMG. Cuteness overload.
I have loads more lol i will post them over the next few days. baby is comeing on great she is nearly 9 oz and she is starting to hear and can see and she is 1 week 5 days old. Will keep you all updated and post loads more photos thank you everyone.

Last edited:

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have loads more lol i will post them over the next few days. baby is comeing on great she is nearly 9 oz and she is starting to hear and can see and she is 1 week 5 days old. Will keep you all updated and post loads more photos thank you everyone.
I'm surprised the male cat was fine around a newborn kitten. Watch him carefully though.

We love photos to keep 'em comin'.

Last edited:

catladylou

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm surprised the male cat was fine around a newborn kitten. Watch him carefully though.

We love photos to keep 'em comin'.
Both my male cats was fine the dad keeps having alook but all the cats are very close still would not leave them alone all togther we have to be around and mommy and baby are right by where i sit so i can see everything lol

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Both my male cats was fine the dad keeps having alook but all the cats are very close still would not leave them alone all togther we have to be around and mommy and baby are right by where i sit so i can see everything lol
If the males are good friends with momma, they are seldom any real threat to the kittens.   Its the opposite,  they sometimes act as tender co-mamas, or at least as well wishing uncles.

But of course, its wise to be observant the first time they meet.  Whom wants to take any risks??   Another problem is quite many adult cats are a little afraid of small kittens.  They both hiss and run away.  The danger is they may swipe in pure self-defence....

Its cats whom are new to momma, possible "conquerors"  whom may be a real threat to the babies.

catladylou

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

If the males are good friends with momma, they are seldom any real threat to the kittens.   Its the opposite,  they sometimes act as tender co-mamas, or at least as well wishing uncles.

But of course, its wise to be observant the first time they meet.  Whom wants to take any risks??   Another problem is quite many adult cats are a little afraid of small kittens.  They both hiss and run away.  The danger is they may swipe in pure self-defence....

Its cats whom are new to momma, possible "conquerors"  whom may be a real threat to the babies.
Thanks for the advice the dad cat looks at her he is still a kitten hisself he is 9 months old so i think he sees her as play mate my other male is not really bothered he goes up to the bed looks and then goes. they have always been close they are a little unit. I never ever leave mommy and baby alone with the other cats when i go out they get locked away in a different room.

They are all indoor cats and now i am keeping the baby so that makes  5 cats. The baby looks like she has one bad eye so going to bath it in some cold tea i think its when her mom took her under our bed last night she done it everytime we put her back in her bed.

Baby is 13 oz now and from reseach i have done she is 2 weeks advanced. I think this is because the other baby was born dead and she has had her pick of the milk. any advice on the eye would be great thanks all.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the advice the dad cat looks at her he is still a kitten hisself he is 9 months old so i think he sees her as play mate my other male is not really bothered he goes up to the bed looks and then goes. they have always been close they are a little unit. I never ever leave mommy and baby alone with the other cats when i go out they get locked away in a different room.

They are all indoor cats and now i am keeping the baby so that makes  5 cats. The baby looks like she has one bad eye so going to bath it in some cold tea i think its when her mom took her under our bed last night she done it everytime we put her back in her bed.

Baby is 13 oz now and from reseach i have done she is 2 weeks advanced. I think this is because the other baby was born dead and she has had her pick of the milk. any advice on the eye would be great thanks all.
Can you post a photo of the eye? She may need to go to the vet for antibiotic ointment.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
[quote name="Catladylou" url="/t/332880/my-new-fur-baby-angel-4-days-old#post_4188674]The baby looks like she has one bad eye so going to bath it in some cold tea i think its when her mom took her under our bed last night she done it everytime we put her back in her bed.
[/quote]

I would not bathe her eye in cold tea. I once did that with a tiny kitten & have regretted it deeply ever since as I think I made it worse. If you want to wipe really gently with a bit of soft cotton & warm water I think that would be okay. Sometimes they get a crusty eye when they are tiny. Don't use cotton wool since the fibers can get in their eyes. Keep a careful watch as a vet may be required.

Last edited:

catladylou

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would not bathe her eye in cold tea. I once did that with a tiny kitten & have regretted it deeply ever since as I think I made it worse. If you want to wipe really gently with a bit of soft cotton & warm water I think that would be okay. Sometimes they get a crusty eye when they are tiny. Don't use cotton wool since the fibers can get in their eyes. Keep a careful watch as a vet may be required.
Many thanks i will not use cold tea thanks for the advice was just about to go and get it ready but i will do the warm water. thanks again