My Mickey

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for asking Susan
I'm doing pretty good Susan besides the fact that I have no choice I know I did the right thing for him, and I don't feel regret for my decision at all. I miss him allot its so hard to get used to not seeing him, I have called Dunkin Mickey so many times and they looked nothing alike but its habit when you have this many to call them each others names.. DH is having a hard time because he was so used to Mikey looking forward to that walk everyday. It's the first time that I haven't second guessed myself for making this choice, I promised him and myself that I would not let him suffer even at the cost of a broken Heart, I found this picture and a couple of more that I took September 11, 2007
He Loved to take his walks.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Lois - so sorry to read of Mickey's passing - but so glad you were able to make that hardest of decisions.
to you! Mickey - look for Mouse, ok?

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, Lois, my heart is breaking for you and your DH. Mickey seems like he was a very special kitty, and the pain of not having him around - despite knowing you did the right thing for him - must just be crushing.
WHAT a beautiful boy!

I am so, so, so sorry you had to face making this decision. But I'm glad you saw through it, and that for it Mickey is now whole and pain free. I'm sure he's sending you all the love in the world.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Laurie

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so very sorry Lois
May your sweet Mickey rest in peace

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss.
Just think of the chance you gave Mickey. You gave him a home and you loved him. You changed his life from being a shelter kitty to probably being a spoiled kitty.
From your thread you said that you got Mickey when he was 9 years old and you had him for 10 years. That makes Mickey 19. That's a great age for a kitty to live!! You were a VERY good meowmy to him. I'm sure Mickey was tired and was ready to go. I have never lost a pet before, but Tiger is my furkid and my best friend. I love that cat sooooo much!!! Even though I can't imagine what it's like to lose a pet, I know what it's like to love one. I know I would be devastated and beside myself.
Just know how much BETTER you made Mickey's life.
I hope you feel better soon!!!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
RIP
Mickey

Lois

It is the hardest thing youll ever do but I am sure he is smiling on you

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lois i am sooo deeply sorry for the loss of your belvoed Mickey
My heart breaks for you right now as you're going through this loss- but i truely believe you did the right thing by ending his suffering. I am sure if he could have spoken to you he would have let you know that too!
I have no doubt that he's looking down on you and is in no more pain now!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

I promised him and myself that I would not let him suffer even at the cost of a broken Heart
It was a hard decision, and one that i can only imagine not having been there myself yet. But you both gave Mickey a quality of life by letting him go on to his new home at the bridge

Awwwww look at the little muffin man

kunalen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi,
I know how it feels to loose such a good cat.I have Nacho a black cat like your Mickey.I think you should see if you can rescue another cat.I know it is not goinh to bring back Mickey but you can give life to another cat.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lois

I just noticed this thread and it broke my heart. I know it doesn't help to heal your heart, but it is easier when you know deep in your heart that it is their time. Romp over the bridge little man! You are a very handsome boy!

to all of you from my gang.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Lois, I am so sorry about Mickey, he's such a beautiful boy.

Sorry you had to make such a difficult decision, but I know Mickey is now free from pain and now running happily with all the other RB kitties.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lois, my heart is breaking for you now.
I know how difficult the decision must have been, but sometimes loving means letting go. I'm sure Mickey knows how much you love him and is grateful that you loved him enough to end his pain. He's with his many TCS friends now playing and waiting for you.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Lois, I feel for you. I am so sorry that the time had come for Mickey. There is nothing worse and yet nothing better, knowing we are doing the right thing and yet having to go through all the sense of loss.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank You so much what a Wonderful group of people you all are. The support does help a lot and is very much appreciated

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dear Lois...

As you well said in your firts post of this Wonderful Thread in honour to Mickey..
is so hard to came here and to have many forces to write something...
...bawling: is really so HARD...

I´m so sorry for your loss...
...is really so painfull...
...BUT certainly Mickey is the Rainbow waiting for you!

My deep condolences!

sinceresly, rigel...

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Only a month tomorrow it seems like so much longer
Every night when I give out treats I miss you because you were always the first one there.
Last week I just started crying and I told Dad I just miss having you here Mickey and he put his arms around me and he said hes still here. Theres always something to remind me and then I start second guessing what I chose even though I know it was right, Dad still misses you every time he takes Zoie out I can see it.
Sweet Mickey my old guy we will never forget you
Bless your Heart buddy

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

Only a month tomorrow it seems like so much longer
Every night when I give out treats I miss you because you were always the first one there.
Last week I just started crying and I told Dad I just miss having you here Mickey and he put his arms around me and he said hes still here. Theres always something to remind me and then I start second guessing what I chose even though I know it was right, Dad still misses you every time he takes Zoie out I can see it.
Sweet Mickey my old guy we will never forget you
Bless your Heart buddy
Awww Lois
It's just so hard to lose our babies
Mickey is with you everyday, I just know it.