My Mickey

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always found it hard to read this forum and dreaded the day it would be me posting, We had to have Mickey PTS today because I could no longer stand to see him struggling with the the Kidney disease and renal failure.
I remember when we got him he was 9 years old DH got him from the shelter in San Diego,he was laying in the litter box.
I said I wanted a black cat as I had just lost one and I just had to have another one, he was the first Animal we had together and after 10 years of him being in this family I know we will miss him so much.
Everyday he would wait till Dad took Zoie her walk and then he would wait for his leash so he could go out.Two times a day he went on a walk all the way around the house to the back yard he would jump up on the little retainer wall we had and walk all the way around it looking for lizards.
The last 3 days he walked right by Dad and out the door on his own and waited till Dad put him on the wall he would walk halfway around and lay down and DH would just sit there with him till he got up.
I couldn't apologize enough to him for him having to be sick it broke my Heart, it's been a terrible week. But I know we will be alright because I know he is now and I feel OK with the choice even though it's never what we want. I cried everyday just looking at him
I know all the rest of the cats will miss you Mickey being the boss you were, and Dad and I will miss you very much. I hope that you know I did this because of my Love for you. RIP MY Dear Sweet Mickey

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Lois...

I don't know what else to say that I haven't already said to you, please know that I'm here for you if you need to talk

RIP sweet Mickey- play happily over the Rainbow Bridge, my Davidson will show you the way

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Such a handsome boy.
Rest in peace Mickey. Now you have golden walls to walk upon forever.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a sad day Lois. I am so sorry. But you did the right thing to not let him suffer. I know he will always be with you. I send my deepest condolences to you and your family right now, Lois.

Rest In Peace Mickey

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lois, I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious Mickey.
He was a gorgeous boy

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry Lois.
You did what was best for Mickey....he knows that now that he is playing happily over the Rainbow Bridge.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lois i'm so very sorry
Helen told me late last night that you were going to send Mickey over the bridge because you were on her mind

What a gorgeous, handsome boy he is, but you know he'll be fit and healthy again over at Rainbow Bridge

Mickey, keep looking down on your mum and dad because they miss you so much, and you'll all be reunited again one day

Play hard munchkin

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry, Lois.
Mickey was such a beautiful boy. Thinking of both of you.

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He had a wonderful life with you Lois, Thinking of you and Bob :hugs

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lois, I'm so sorry. At least your little man isn't in anymore pain. You'll be missed Mickey!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so very sorry for your loss Lois.

Play happily over the Rainbow Bridge Mickey.

jenwales

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
RIP, Mickey. Your family loves you so much and I know that made you happy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank You everyone for your kind words, Today I am OK I know in my Heart it was the right thing to do for him and Us...

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Such a difficult thing to do, even when you know it's the best thing
My heart goes out to you.
He was really beautiful.

aileen06

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm very sorry for your loss. Mickey was a handsome boy! Rest in Peace Mickey.

katie=^..^=

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear Lois and Bob: Congratulations on many happy loving years with your sweet beautiful boy Mickey. I'm sorry you had to lose you. Sending my prayers your way.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today was hard for Bob & I, every time I go to feed that cats or give them treats I always call all of there names, I guess it will take time. Even Bob said the last 2 days were so hard for him after taking Zoie out. I don't regret the choice I made at all but we miss him so much, you just get so used to them being here it's so hard
We Love you Mickey and I hope your Happy and Healthy
... Mom & Dad