My Lemur Baby died this morning :(

phantomsr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know what it's like to lose those first special pets. I lost a ferret 2 years ago in March. He was my first pet on my own and I had gotten him as a little kit. He was a strange beast and quite possibly the friendliest ferret on the planet. He wouldn't bit anyone no matter what they did to him. He developed a cancer very common in ferrets. I knew what was wrong before I even went to the vet but when the vet confirmed his condition I pretty much died. I think I spent over an hour in his office and used up a box of tissue. I chose to fight the cancer with all available treatments as my ferret Phan seemed to want to stay with me and wasn't unhappy. After about 3 weeks of slight improvement he went down hill again. After a few days it seemed like he was starting to suffer but it was a weekend and the clinic was closed. I was going to have him put down on the first day the clinic was open. I sat with him and comforted him most of the time. I happened to be out of the room watching a movie not more than 2 hours and he had passed when I returned.

My second "first" pet was Tigger for which I had the displeasure of posting earlier, had to be put down after eating a lilly. This was the first pet my girlfriend and I got together and was very special to us.

But as an animal lover like everyone here, it doesn't matter which pet or how many you have, each one is as painful as the next. You will feel better in time. Take comfort in your family and friends and remember the great times you had with you lost loved one. No one can ever take them away and you would never give them up to avoid the hurt you are feeling now. Lemur will be waiting for you and he'll never forget you.

tangerine

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry... I really really am. I wish there were something i could do for you. I will send you hugs and good vibes. My two year old is in the vet again and I don't think he's going to make it... i totally understand.