My Lemur Baby died this morning :(

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Lemur passed away this morning and it was soo sudden. She started acting a little different on Monday night....she was keeping to herself and not coming to me when I called her...but she was still eating and drinking water. Then on tuesday she stayed in one spot and only moved around a few times but she still ate some and was breathing fine....but last night I separated her from my other cat and she started to breath a little harder but she sat up the whole time and kept her head up...She only peed twice in her litter box and it didn't look like she ate anything..I made an appointment to go to my vet this morning at 9:30. When I woke up this morning she was breathing harder and panting......I got up and got ready so I could take her to the vet earlier instead of waiting till 9:30, but when I went upstairs to check on her around 7:30...she had passed away
.....she was laying down on her side and was not breathing...and she was very stiff...I sat there watching her carefully for a few mins, but I didn't see her breathing and I even tried picking her up but no response. I feel so bad b/c I wasn't with her when she passed away.....my other cat, Monkey, went up to her after she passed and after smelling her started to hiss.....I know that she will miss her....I am so upset right now and I am waiting for my husband to get home....I don't know what to do...I just can't stop crying, I wanted to post on here b/c I always find comfort here. My husband called the vet and they said it sounds like she had cancer...and there was nothing we could do....

Lemur was only 2 years old, and she was our "first" cat since my husband and I have been living together. I have had cats all my life but as soon as I moved out of my parents house, we got lemur. She was a kitten and she was always attached to me...I am going to miss her soo much, I don't think there will be another cat like her...she had the best personality and we loved her soo much......

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my goodness this is so tragic
I'm so sorry
Has Lemur been seeing the vet for them to think it was cancer?.

Have fun over the bridge Lemur, all the other kitties are waiting to take you to your new home

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear about Lemur's passing. I had read your other thread and shared your hope that it was nothing serious. But your girl knew that you loved her, and often our beloved companions choose to go when no one is around so that we don't see their passing. She's playing over that bridge now, and waiting for the day that you'll be reunited, so don't worry, she's at peace now, and not hurting anymore.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so very, very sorry about Lemur. I'd found your other post about her, and was stunned to read that she'd passed on. Sending (((((big hugs))))) to you & your hubby.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone for your kind words...It means a lot to me. I am so glad that I still have Monkey....she laid in my lap all yesterday while I was upset on the couch.....she knew something was wrong and she wanted to comfort me. I love you all!!!

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so very sorry to hear about your sudden loss of Lemur. It must have been such a shock. You know we are all here for you.
RIP sweet girl.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Deepest condolences on the loss of Lemur. Sounds like she was a very special kitty. Rest in peace, Lemur!