My kitty's pregnancy

Rebeccabarwickk

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
First week of December my cat was introduced to a male cat, unfortunately I was told he was spayed, he wasn’t. We split them up and only had them together when we was there, but I think there’s a high chance he could’ve got her pregnant, she’s been acting less playful, she’s sleeping, eating and pooping a lot more than before too, her nipples are more visible than before however I don’t know whether it is because Im already assuming she’s pregnant.
Her belly seems to have a bump either side aswell.
Any ideas???

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She definitely sounds pregnant. First week of December would make her about 42 days along (give or take 2-3 days on either side), or 6 weeks. Cat pregnancy runs 63-68 days on average, so you might expect kittens in about 3 weeks or so.

How old is your cat? Do you plan to spay her after this litter weans?

Do feed her an excellent diet, make nests, and gather supplies.

Pregnant Cat? What To Prepare For The Birth – TheCatSite Articles

How Do I Know When My Cat Will Give Birth? – TheCatSite Articles

Help! My Cat Is Having Kittens! – TheCatSite Articles

Do keep us posted!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rebeccabarwickk

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Her babies would be cross bengal but the pregnancy is a complete accident as we didn’t have the space to be able to keep them separated for long periods of time, the male got sold to a family friend within a few days for the obvious reason, she’s an indoor cat with no way to the outside but yes :) she’ll be getting neutered, she’s just over a year old in April,
Will keep an update and will post photos of her nips to see what everyone thinks when she allows it

Rebeccabarwickk

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
First week of December my cat was introduced to a male cat, unfortunately I was told he was spayed, he wasn’t. We split them up and only had them together when we was there, but I think there’s a high chance he could’ve got her pregnant, she’s been acting less playful, she’s sleeping, eating and pooping a lot more than before too, her nipples are more visible than before however I don’t know whether it is because Im already assuming she’s pregnant.
Her belly seems to have a bump either side aswell.
I unfortunately can’t get an ultrasound as I’ve not got the money this side of the month, care for the kittens or her will be fine if she has any, but I can’t really afford to take her to just ‘check’ as in the UK it costs an arm and a leg to even speak to a vet so I’m hoping someone could just give a rough idea if she LOOKS it from someone’s previous experiences with a pregnant momma
Any ideas???
REFRESHED AS I HAVE UPDATED PHOTOS OF HER NIPPLES.
thank you :))

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She “looks” pregnant, but since you cannot afford a vet to “check” right now, your only other option is to wait it out. Time will tell.

Rebeccabarwickk

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My pregnant momma kitty keeps rubbing against my partners head // face, she digs one claw into his head and pulls him in closer, photos below…
Anyone know why?
she’s currently on 60 days pregnant and she’s only really started doing it (that I’ve noticed) since around 2/3 weeks ago…

Attachments

Rebeccabarwickk

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The kittens are finally here!

3 healthy babies,
One is a lovely light brown patterned tabby (all babies have a marble effect)
The other two are twins, dark bengal marble with bits of orange and white,
Very very strong babies! ❤

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Rebeccabarwickk

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Congratulations, they are lovely. Is mum going a good job of looking after them.
Thank you!☺ She’s doing fantastic so far! They’re all doing so well, unbelievable how strong the babies are, climbing right over mamma already and they were only born yesterday 🐱