My Kitten Will Not Drink! Help Please

KittenQueen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, i work at a pet store and about 2 weeks ago someone dropped off a KFC box filled with kittens that still had there eyes shut. I have experience with bottle baby's so I took one in. Her name is Emi and she has been growing regular and is in good health. The only this is I can't get her to lap up anything. she will stick her head in the sallow bowl get her nose wet and run away from it. Now she is rejecting the bottle. I think she is about 3-4 weeks and she's eating wet kitten food mixed with KRM out of a bowl. I'm just worried about her never drinking and becoming dehydrated. Any help is greatly appreciate! Thank you.❤

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
If she’s eating all wet food she should be fine (as long as she’s eating well/as much as she needs). You can add extra water to her wet food to make sure she’s hydrated. People keep their cats on all wet diets because it’s good for hydration and cats drink little on their own with wet food because they are properly hydrated. Cats are meant to get moisture from their food so a cat that goes to their water bowl a lot is actually dehydrated.