My Kitten Was Accidentally Caught In A Car Door.

TriSai15

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 10 week old kitten was caught in a car door.... My little sister was getting into the car and the kittens follow you but they know not to get into the car or under.... So my sister informed me this morning that she had done something bad..... And I was freaking out and I ran into her room to find the little kitten in a box with some water..... And he was just laying there meowing..... My parent say its just a cat he either gets better or he doesn't and I can't drive him to the vet because I'm only 15.. and someone please tell me what to do. I love this kitten... My heart will break if he dies....

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My 10 week old kitten was caught in a car door.... My little sister was getting into the car and the kittens follow you but they know not to get into the car or under.... So my sister informed me this morning that she had done something bad..... And I was freaking out and I ran into her room to find the little kitten in a box with some water..... And he was just laying there meowing..... My parent say its just a cat he either gets better or he doesn't and I can't drive him to the vet because I'm only 15.. and someone please tell me what to do. I love this kitten... My heart will break if he dies....
You don't know how hard and where on his tiny body the car door hit your cat. He might have a broken rib, or even more serious internal damages.
You can't do anything unless you have your cat visited by a vet. And you shouldn't wait.
Isn't there a friend of yours who can drive you to a vet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TriSai15

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I dont want them to have to tell me that he has to be put down.....

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont want them to have to tell me that he has to be put down.....
Them who? The vets?
And what else choice do you have?
If the kitten can be cured the only persons who can do that are the vets.
If the kitten can't be saved the only persons who can assess this are the vets, and they are the only ones who can help your kitten pass without suffering uselessly.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm very sorry that your parents' response is inhumane. The little kitten needs to go for x-rays. I hope he makes it.

Good healing vibes for him and you. :vibes:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry this happened. Accidents happen. I know you are upset and your hands are tied by your age; but really the vet is the only one who can help in this situation. Sometimes it's really hard; but we have to put the ones we love before our own fears and feelings. :hugs:

Can you talk to your parents about this? Ask them if you can work to pay them back for a vet visit? Is there another family member who might help you?

I hope your little kitten will be ok. :(

Ariel2611

Proud Mommy to Ariel and Snowy :-)
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh no!
I am very sorry for what has happened :-(
If you really can't do anything try contacting any local cat shelters (RSPCA, Cats protection, local home shelters etc.) and tell them what's happened and hopefully they can guide you as to what you should do
You could call the RSPCA and they will come and collect the poor guy and hopefully treat and re-home him. You should give them a distribution/Donate some money to them...
Where are you based?
I will find some links if i can :-)
Good Luck!

Rescuekitties9

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately the only person who can help in this situation is a vet. Do you have a friend or different family member who could drive you the vet's office? Is kitten moving?
Also, I know you fear that a vet may suggest euthanasia, but if a vet does suggest it than the cat is suffering and not able to be saved, and it is kindest to euthanize him/her.

Ariel2611

Proud Mommy to Ariel and Snowy :-)
Adult Cat
Purraise
I 100% agree with Rescuekitties9 Rescuekitties9
If the vet does suggest Euthanasia then trust me it is for the best
Let me ask you one thing: Would you rather your little kitten be in a lot of pain and agony with no hope of getting treatment or would you rather that the pain stopped and you bury the sweet baby?
The second option is the more humane and beneficial option for the Kitty if it's condition is bad...
Good Luck!

Rescuekitties9

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Try to keep kitten calm and confined for now, but he needs to see a vet asap. Also, make sure he's staying hydrated.