My Kitten Teeth

Selena800

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
so my kitten is 7 months old and he’s gums are red im not sure it’s because of teething or gingivitis because he’s back teeth are not fully out

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Selena800

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you are not able to brush his teeth you can put some enzymatic toothpaste on the end of a cotton bud and wipe it over his teeth. Its not as good as brushing but at least its something. Enzymatic toothpaste is supposed to soften plaque even if not brushed on. Keep checking his gums and if in doubt you can always send a photo to your vet and ask his advice.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
There does appear to be some tartar build up on his teeth but since he is only 7 months old I would check with your vet to determine if that is the cause or if it is due to the teeth erupting. Here is a helpful Article about some different choices of what to use regarding dental care:
What Tcs Members Use: Cat Dental Health Care

Since I have had two rescue cats with a history of FORL that required dental surgery I am always proactive when it comes to gingivitis. Best of luck with your kitten. Please keep us posted on his progress. :alright:

Selena800

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There does appear to be some tartar build up on his teeth but since he is only 7 months old I would check with your vet to determine if that is the cause or if it is due to the teeth erupting. Here is a helpful Article about some different choices of what to use regarding dental care:

Since I have had two rescue cats with a history of FORL that required dental surgery I am always proactive when it comes to gingivitis. Best of luck with your kitten. Please keep us posted on his progress. :alright:
What is forl??? I asked my vet he said because of teething and dry food is hard for him so but water in dry to make it soft

Selena800

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

check with your vet to determine if that is the cause or if it is due to the teeth erupting. Can u explain this pls