My heart kitty is not well

Manno140

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is 13 and has had congestive heart failure for two months now. In April he went to the vet for breathing hard and not eating. She put him on lasix, vetmedin and atenol for his heart. He seemed to be doing better until last night when he started breathing weird, not eating and just sitting on the tile floor in the bathroom being lethargic. Every time we'd go in there he would cry. Not sure if its because he was in pain or just talking to us. We took him to the vet today and she said he has a lot of fluid on his lungs still. She gave him two lasix injections and kept him for a few hours. Brought him back home and he's doing the same thing as last night. Not much of anything. He did pee in the bathroom, not sure if its because of the lasix or what.

I just don't know when its time to just let go. The vet said he didn't seem to be in distress, no open mouth breathing or anything. If I decide to put him down will I regret it later? Should I give the meds a couple days to start working again? I'm just so upset and don't know what I should do anymore :(

movinintime

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello. I too am very sad to hear of your poor kitty. But yes, I'd give the meds a few days and give them time. Your little boy, so long as he isn't suffering or in pain, deserves to have a chance to still have quality of life. I am praying for you and him, and please do consider everyone's advice before doing anything. Once we do something, we can't take it back. I hope you can get through this difficult time.

Last edited: