My First Bottle Baby Foster!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dinosnores

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sarthur2 Sarthur2

I actually have some tubes of Bene-Bac gel, would those be helpful to give her to get her gut working properly?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
No, she's gaining well. She does not need it. Her poops just need to soften a little.

Dinosnores

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sarthur2 Sarthur2
Okay, thank you so much for the support and advice. I'm going to put my trust in the mighty olive oil and hold out for some solid glycerin tomorrow.

Also, since it's officially the end of her fourth day with me, here's her updated chart. She's gaining in a very regular pattern, it's strange.

Attachments

Last edited:

Dinosnores

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
THAT STUBBORN TURD IS FINALLY OUT! All hail olive oil!

We've also officially passed the 200-gram mark!

It's always something with this little girl, though. Now one of her eyes is squinted shut with some clear discharge. I used a tissue dipped in warm water to make a compress and cleaned the little bit of gunk off, the eye itself doesn't look sore or infected, just a little goopy with that clear stuff. Is this worth taking her to the vet for or is this something I can treat at home with some terramycin?

Also, I can typically tell when she's not exactly done and wants more food because when I put her back in her carrier, she will cry and crawl towards the opening where I am, even though it's colder there without a heating pad. However, this past feed she did that but clearly didn't want more food. I tried all kinds of tricks and she seemingly just wanted to be stroked and held since she purred like a motor and settled down instantly instead of fussing and rooting around in my hands for a nipple. Is it normal for kittens her age to start to pine for affection? It absolutely breaks my heart, if I could curl up in there and sleep with her, I would.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, treat with terramycin.

And yes, she knows your smell and considers you her mom. She is seeking comfort from you!

Dinosnores

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Poor little thing... =( I've been "grooming" (brushing her with a toothbrush) her to sleep every time before I put her back now.

Also, my partner and I have named her Astrid!

Attachments

Dinosnores

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's officially the end of her fifth day with me and little Astrid is over 210 grams! She gained 11 grams today, and had two poops! Here's another yawning pic, taken while she was patiently waiting for me to finish cleaning out her carrier.

Attachments

momto3cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's officially the end of her fifth day with me and little Astrid is over 210 grams! She gained 11 grams today, and had two poops! Here's another yawning pic, taken while she was patiently waiting for me to finish cleaning out her carrier.
Such a cute yawn! Her markings are starting to show up more clearly now that she's a bit bigger, too.
I'm really just commenting so I'll see the updates on this thread.

Dinosnores

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
momto3cats momto3cats
Oh yeah, I think she's going to be a beautiful fluffy tortie lady. I can't wait to see how she grows up.

Astrid's snuggle kitty came today! It's a super-soft stuffed cat with a pouch on its underside where you can insert a battery-operated "heart" that vibrates like a heartbeat. This is a face that says "the sock was nice but this new thing is awesome"!

Attachments

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
momto3cats momto3cats
Oh yeah, I think she's going to be a beautiful fluffy tortie lady. I can't wait to see how she grows up.

Astrid's snuggle kitty came today! It's a super-soft stuffed cat with a pouch on its underside where you can insert a battery-operated "heart" that vibrates like a heartbeat. This is a face that says "the sock was nice but this new thing is awesome"!
That is what I was looking for when mine were infants. Where did you get it?

Dinosnores

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
kashmir64 kashmir64
Amazon! It was expensive, but I consider it worth it since it can be washed and reused for all my future fosters.

Dinosnores

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Our little girl has come so far in just a week, she's now over 235 grams and is getting fatter and faster with every feeding. Instead of scooting around, she can use her little legs to wobble along, always with her tail straight up in the air. She still sleeps continuously when not being fed, but I have a feeling those days aren't going to last much longer. Her eyes are very wide open now, and her ears are slowly starting to unfold. Instead of flopping onto her side and rolling around uncoordinated after meals when I groom her, she now sits in very adult-like positions, with her back legs folded and her little tail curled over her side.

I'm still not entirely sure how old she is, I know for sure she's at least ten days old (I've had her for seven and the woman before me had her for three). Since she was found with her umbilical cord attached, she can't be more than two weeks old, right? I guess my only sure way to know will be when her baby teeth start coming in.

Attachments

Last edited:

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Go, Astrid, go!

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Getting down to the exact number of days she is old is not important. What is, is.... Just look at her!! You are doing a Fantastic job with her!! She is thriving and growing like a little weed, and that is all because of your love and hard work. My goodness, how it shows!!!;):thumbsup::D

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
No, not more than 2 weeks, if that. She's such a cutie pie! :)