My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Love LOVE this update!! I can't believe you've not rested yet (well I can, but still) - I hope you're able to sleep hard tonight! I'm so impressed by the effort and work and heart you put into these little lives. :hearthrob: What's the new kitty's name? I might have swooned a bit at the "smile" pic. Never a dull moment over there! I can't wait for the updates. Now, go sleep!
Lol. I promise I’m going to bed. I have to get out from under a bunch of kitties.
Thank you. My heart wouldn’t let me do less. Let’s just hope the old body holds up! :lol:
I don’t know the name yet. Baby hasn’t told me. I’m waiting for a whisper in my ear.
The kitty smiles always get to me too.
Sweet dreams at your house too!:cloud9:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So glad that (s)he has used the box and is settling in, eating and being well cared for by you and Lady, Jcatbird Jcatbird ! It's so true, according to so much I have learned in life, that we are put here to serve and to care for and about others in need. So it stands to reason that those who need us often find their way to us, and that we are renewed by being able to meet those needs. It's certainly what keeps me going through all of the other stuff life throws at me!
Wishing everyone at Chez Catbird a wonderful day.
*And yes, those birds are nature's cleanup crew! What on earth would we do without them?*

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you N NY cat man It makes me so mad when people dump babies. With care the kitten would not have gotten such a high fever. I think it will recover. The Vultures are gone now. I expect they sensed the kitten was sick.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Thank you for theprayers.

Buffster7 Buffster7 Thank you for prayers and hugs.

Avery Avery Thank you too! I hoping that baby recover.

Kitten has every kind of worm imaginable, also had Coccidia. That’s a lot for a little one. Weight is 2.4 lbs.

This is why I also push people to isolate new arrivals until the are checked by a vet. We all know about transmission of worms through the litter bix and even fleas but Coccidia is something many people don’t know about. I have seen it a few times. Mostly in Kittens. Adults get it too but it’s hard of babies. Itcan easily transfer to the other kitties if they are allowed to interact. Following protocol is absolutely the best for all involved. The kitten can be treated with Albon for this. I must keep it isolated until all is clear. So we are giving Albon and worm meds along with flea treatment. I’ll take it back next week unless something else comes up or it seems to feel bad.

Now. No more calling it IT! By all appearances, IT is a little girl.
rubysmama rubysmama Another rare female ginger! The vet was surprised. I had already looked but waited for confirmation since I tend to get it wrong sometimes. Lol

A little girl Ginger! Now to figure out a name.
I’m going to attend to medicating and other things but I’ll be back with more about her vet visit. Snap test negative! :thud:A huge relief.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
OK...bad enough, but NOT the worst! She'll tell you her name very soon! And she is a little dreamsicle, isn't she?

Hek gave me a scare. Quite eating. Secluding. Trip to the vet. A few hundred dollars later, my girl has arthritis, and the teeth of a two-year-old. Whatever else is wrong, she's got GREAT TEETH! We have meds, and she's feeling much more like herself today.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 -- oral health is SO important! I hear CBD Oil is helpful for so many things including arthritis, but I have no experience of it.
Jcatbird Jcatbird Oh yes! SO important to separate until checked out and given a good bill of health. Miss our "kitten cabin" that was home to Baby Su when she first came, and even the modular "recuperation station" we had in the place before that. Here, we just have a separate room, but it's a very nice Waikiki Room.

May your beautiful little girl come through with flying colors. Autumn colors, one might say. Amber colors. :winkcat:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lady helped me get the baby. At first she greeted it, then swatted it. I was not pleased at the swat but now I realize it was to get the baby to pay attention. Later Lady was the reason the baby ate and allowed itself to be caught. Thank you Lady! I’m glad I gave Lady more time and my trust that she would not hurt the kitten.
Awwww, Lady. You're a good mama. :catlove::hearthrob:

Now. No more calling it IT! By all appearances, IT is a little girl.
rubysmama rubysmama Another rare female ginger! The vet was surprised. I had already looked but waited for confirmation since I tend to get it wrong sometimes. Lol
Ruby wanted to me tell your newbie, that ginger girls rule. :winkcat:

And I'm sending love and vibes your way. :hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob:
:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Poor little wee one !
So glad she is in your care now !
:yeah: :petcat: :catlove: :catrub: :lovecat2:

Buffster7

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So happy her snap test was negative!!
Kitten has every kind of worm imaginable, also had Coccidia. That’s a lot for a little one. Weight is 2.4 lbs.
I went and read up on Coccidia, and it inspired me to go dump, bleach, and sanitize Finn's litter boxes and scrub down the room! Poor little girl, she must have been feeling awful! I'm really surprised the vultures didn't find her.

I hope that you were able to rest. It might take a few days to catch up after that long sleepless night! I love the effort people here put into rescuing and saving lives, but I know it can take a toll and that caring for this sick little girl will be tiring. Take good care of yourself, too.

I hope this baby is photogenic.. :winkcat:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Forgive me for not responding to all yet. I am just plain beat. I fell asleep late afternoon with the baby. Lol We slept a while and when I awoke I had to do a mad scramble to attend the clowder. Then it was a sterilizing of everything between the back door to the back room she is staying in. Those who know me know that I am a little freaky about cloroxing and since cats can’t be around Clorox, I have to move cats to use it. Another very long day. I also had a call from the vet. She confirmed that the little girl is truly infested with everything. She is on two drugs now. We’ll hope that clears things up. She also got flea meds and a bath. Now we wait and watch.

N NY cat man Humans are thoughtless and stupid. The person that cast this baby out was the most ignorant of all. They have no idea what they lost by giving her up. She’s a dream kitten. It makes me ill seeing all the scratches and cuts on her where she obviously struggled to get here.
I love the post about the name Wanda! That made me laugh! That’s adorable. She will have to have a middle and first name though. During the discussion with the vet something happened. The vet has known me many years and been a part in my efforts to save a lot of kitties as well as a part of my losses. As we worried over this baby she bent over and whispered to the kitten,” you are your Mommy’s heart!” The kitten turned to her, purred and then mewed. It broke the tension in the room and everyone present laughed. I caught it here. (Read on)
C56EBD95-B704-442E-9778-BDAE8DD94C9C.jpeg
Although I had them put “baby kitten” in the computer paperwork ( standard procedure before I name kitties) when I went in, when I got home and was putting her papers with my files I noticed that under name, it read,” Heart”. Now I think her name must be Wanda Heart. She truly Wanda ed into our hearts.:) Meant to be. I’ll be adding that when we go back in. Thank you once again for a great name. I really love that. It fits.

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 I am so sorry Hekitty is suffering from arthritis. Sorry about the bills too! I can sympathize with you both on all of that. Feel better Hek! Good girl about your teeth though! How’d she do that?

CL56 CL56 Thank you. I’m glad she is here too. She’s a precious baby. I’m going to put everything into helping her recover. It’s amazing that she managed to make it here. The thought of her being so sick and alone in such a hostile environment ..... I’m truly grateful she found us when she did.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 An isolation space like you had would be fantastic. I need that! I had to bring this baby through the entire house to get to the one room I have available right now. There is a second room but it is just across from that one and I just moved Mama out long enough to deep clean there. I tried a Seresto collar on Mama and found it failed horribly! Mama always seems to be the first attacked by a flea and she is highly sensitive to a single bite. I just had to take her to the vet after this collar either failed to kill the flea or caused her other sensitivities. I have stripped her room to make sure no flea is in there. I am so glad I did have another room for the kitten but an isolation building would be awesome. I guess I could have put the kitten in the trailer if I really had to but it’s at the other end of the property. I prefer to have a new or sick kitty closer to me.
BYW I liked Amber and Autumn as names too! Especially Amber but she kind of chose Heart with the vet and Wanda into my heart ..... how could I resist? :redheartpump: Somehow the cats always seem to guide us to their names. A couple of cats ago I said my next kitty would be Freedom. I guess I don’t know Freedom yet. :lol: Maybe I will someday.

rubysmama rubysmama Tell Ruby that we totally agree! I’ve had ginger kitties live with me before but never a ginger girl! Thank you for the love. She needs it.

Buffster7 Buffster7 I think the Vultures probably were after her. They have not returned since I brought her in. When I was coming home from the vet I saw them at the end of my road. About a quarter of a mile away. Tomorrow I will be walking down there to take a look around.
As to Wanda Heart being photogenic? You tell me. It will take some time for all the little wounds to heal. Her little face is pretty scratched up but she dirsn’t Mind the camera.

She was very brave going to the vet today. She has the heart of a lion!
Poor baby. No telling what she thought I was going to do with her on the ride over.
E46EDB08-5424-4EE8-A086-CA3F3E844E19.jpeg

Meeting vet staff.
F9A8233D-2B0D-41FE-BA9A-2C6F8E81B65B.jpeg

Her purr works!
9FEDD886-6096-4ADB-95EB-CE26D3E2DF6E.jpeg

Sweet love.
3E1842F2-8FD8-46D9-B5B6-B4D4ABDEDC54.jpeg

Waiting for tests.
C559BA21-3421-408F-A4F4-F60108CC5787.jpeg

No..... rather be with you.
D0DE8D0A-0A28-41B1-B190-F79FD5A40440.jpeg

Am I going home with you?
E56B3CBA-1945-4E98-BE54-03CDA18F02C3.jpeg

Are you leaving me?
9D4BAC21-70CB-4349-AF06-0BC190E54A62.jpeg

Hold me?
AAB47F1F-F87D-47FA-915D-6DE8BB896258.jpeg

This is much better. I’m good now!
BFDF5E66-C285-4218-9B47-6C3F867EF636.jpeg

Investigation time!
303150BF-466F-41A5-B40F-BEF29F9C9A7E.jpeg

Back rub feels good.
B137D870-E6FB-47C4-A0C5-DF78C705041D.jpeg

Tail scratch is nice too.
5CB7BCB7-CE95-4330-AC1D-A879D1B01A23.jpeg

Okay. I’m ready to go home now. I’m a tired baby.
C9C36FD2-9E8B-4197-A0B3-35910B91CA52.jpeg

She’s eating well. That’s a great sign. Temp seems a bit lower right now but may spike again this afternoon. We’ll see.

Have a great morning everyone. :heartshape:

Buffster7

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oooooh, that face! She is going to be okay, I just know it. She's in the best possible hands, and she has her own personal cheering section. Adorable little thief already stole my heart.:redheartpump::hearthrob::redheartpump: Thank you for all of the pictures! I sure hope you can get some rest.

Avery

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She is absolutely precious! Such a sweet little face. I can't stop looking at those wonderful photos! I'm so glad she found you and I just know she will be OK. Your vet seems like a great person, not only willing to get you in for urgent appointments, but compassionate, too. Now I hope you can sneak in a long nap today!

Status
Not open for further replies.