My Dear Sweet Blue

BluenIsaacBoys

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello all,

I wanted to take a moment and share that on Friday, my sweet Blue passed away at the age of 19 1/2. Unfortunately, the tumor in his lungs became too much and caused him to struggle breathing. It was the hardest decision I have ever had to make, and the hardest day of my life, but I knew that it was my only option.

My other kitty Isaac and I are lost without him. He was everything to me and although I only knew him for 2 1/2 years, I feel that I knew him forever. Our bond was so strong and I undoubtedly consider him a soul mate. It was an honor to be his caregiver. It's going to be a long road ahead for me, but I am comforted by the fact that Blue is not sick anymore. Thanks to everyone who showed care and concern about Blue on this forum--I am forever grateful.

-Alexandra

Love Blue.jpg
IMG_3020.JPG

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry for your lost. The threads that bind one heart to another are not measured in time but in love. The bond forged by love can never be broken. Blue will be with you and Isaac forever. You will both feel his presence in a deep serenity when he visits you.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Godspeed and tailwinds west, dear Blue! He was a handsome cat. You chose to love Blue enough to release him from his mortal misery and that is what I call True Love. That you took on a geriatric kitty shows your extraordinary capacity for love, patience and courage. Maybe my Blue will be greeting your Blue at the other side of the Bridge - a TCS meet-up on the Other Side.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry this happened but yes it is part of life with pets, but to make 19.5 years is really a testament to how well he was loved and cared for. He is fine now, no pain just fine, and when you see him many years from now it will be wonderful.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless....:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

will2002

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Such a wonderful thing that you did, giving love and care to that grand old gentleman cat Blue, for the final two and one half years of his life. It takes a special person to adopt a "Senior Citizen Cat", even though they will give you so much love in return.

I am truly sorry for your loss. I know you and Isaac have a large empty place in your hearts now that only time will heal. Please know that all of us "Cat People" here on this great forum share your loss and your pain. God bless you.

Last edited:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart goes out to you. What you gave that sweet gentleman is immeasurable. you gave him love and a home, everything he wanted or needed. You were there for him. And now you took on his own pain as yoru own. You did well.....
The bond of love you developed will be with you always, he will forever be as close as your thoughts and prayers. A love like that does not die, it evolves into something even more precious. "Death cannot take that which never dies", that is true love. Try not to dwell on his end, but use your precious memories of happier times to bring comfort. Live the rest of your life in joy and happiness, seek love to perpetuate and to add on to what he left you. It keeps him alive in your heart. Live as you would have wanted him to live if you were the first to go.
To be loved and remembered as you do Blue, is one of life's greatest treasures. please know we are here for you to offer empathy and support. You are not alone in your time of sadness, we have stood in your shoes and understand. Take care of yourself and give Isaac a kiss for me.......RIP precious Blue. You will be dearly missed, you will have a secure place in a loving herat for eternity. May the good Lord bless and keep you until you meet again!

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My condolences that your Blue passed away. Even it was a short time with him there was a reason that you were his care giver, to love him and to care for him and to assist blue to pass into heaven. The moments you and blue shared will always be with you, and you chose to be kind to help blue on his other path. We have stood where you have , been in that moment to make this difficult and heart breaking decision and we understand the pain and sadness you felt in that moment and how you are feeling, it is hard and emotions will come and go. But blue will be with you forever in your heart and he will be around you until you meet with blue when its time.

Blue RIP little one, may god and his angels look afer you in heaven, to keep you warm and free of suffering and pain, and where you will play with all the other kittens that has passed.

Willow-Tree-With-Affection.jpg

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry for the loss of your handsome Blue.

The bond there was between you two was proportional to the love you had for each other, and by reading your words it seems this love was immense!

This legacy will go on through the barriers of time and space and nothing will be able to break it.

RIP Blue, the Bridge is richer now!

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
C8E2FA3A-9E9D-4C68-A0D5-F571CC095A12.jpeg
I’m so sorry for your loss! Not knowing you or your cat; my heart still aches for you! I wish I could help ease the pain in your heart just a little bit! I know how deeply we love our beloved fur babies & how much we wish they stayed with us for life. “if love could have kept you alive, you would have lived forever!”
03067E14-8425-4AC2-9230-4A374E9D5B90.jpeg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BluenIsaacBoys

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone, for all of your kind words about my sweet Blue. This site has been so compassionate and many of you have shown more kindness and understanding than a lot of my friends have. It really helps to know that there are those fellow "cat people" out there that know what I'm going through.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Blue, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

Two and a half years is just not enough time, is it? But...where there is love, and eternity is not enough time. You were with him through the hardest part of his life, and helped him pass from This Adventure into his Next Great Adventure. But be assured, the Love he had for you remains with you always. He is near, unseen, but felt in the small hours of the night. Always.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your grief is very personal and unique to only you. YOU are the one who loved Blue. Just as you feel sorry for a friend's pet dying, they feel for you. But it isn't personal. That is probably why they are not as empathetic. Also, only those who have truly let a cat into their heart feel this much pain. We here know it well.