My Cats in the News

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, that's so exciting!!!
Make sure to save some of those papers - that is pretty special! Congrats!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mews - I've got the catalog and will send you the info.

PB gets away with murder on account of that face. . .

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cool pics. Love the Ocicat too. Its not Jack's breeder - must be Fran something (I think that's her name). Check in your catalog and see which Oci's were there and PM me. Dayton is in Jack's breeder's backyard and I think she went to that show.

And just WHO is that stunning Mau?????

I think at the Fargo show, Jack was in the paper - we have it and didn't know he was there till someone mentioned it. Hubby went out and got a paper for us to keep in Jack's book.

MrB - which Russian Blue - I didn't see the picture - there was a British Blue but not a Russian.

cjh27

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hmm

the persian in photo no.14/19 seems to have an eye problem, you can clearly see the brown smudges- why is it possible to show an obviously unhealthy kitty at a cat show? I thought there are vets checking out the cats before they can be entered?

The sphynx on photo 26 doesn't seem to have any whiskers, poor baby. In Germany breeding such cats is seen as a form of animal cruelty (same thing with the cat in photo 35).

@ Ferris cat, your girl is absolutely gorgeous
, congratulations, I'd also have given her front page

regards,

christine

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cjh27

Hmm

the persian in photo no.14/19 seems to have an eye problem, you can clearly see the brown smudges- why is it possible to show an obviously unhealthy kitty at a cat show? I thought there are vets checking out the cats before they can be entered? That is a white Persian, IMO there is no eye problem there - you need a miracle to get spotless eyes on a white Persian. Those eyes are just fine, super clean actually.

The sphynx on photo 26 doesn't seem to have any whiskers, poor baby. In Germany breeding such cats is seen as a form of animal cruelty (same thing with the cat in photo 35). Why is that an animal cruelty? Nobody is waxing them
That is a breed like any other, and is a very healthy breed, BTW. The cat on #35 has curly hair - why would that be animal cruelty? nobody gave him a perm either
IMO Animal cruelty would be waxing a cat or giving it a perm to get those looks.

regards,

christine

cjh27

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi

That is a white Persian, IMO there is no eye problem there - you need a miracle to get spotless eyes on a white Persian. Those eyes are just fine, super clean actually.

Um, I've never owned a pure white cat (though a good friend of mine does), just cats with white fur around the eyes
. None of my cats ever needed their eyes cleaned or had such stains around their eyes- unless they had an eye problem, in which case I'd go to a vets. So why would you need a miracle to get spotless white eyes with a persian if there is no underlying health problem???

Why is that an animal cruelty? Nobody is waxing them That is a breed like any other, and is a very healthy breed, BTW. The cat on #35 has curly hair - why would that be animal cruelty? nobody gave him a perm either IMO Animal cruelty would be waxing a cat or giving it a perm to get those looks

I realize nobody is waxing them. But a cats whiskers do have a function, they're not purly decorative (thoght I must admit I do find white whiskers on a tuxedo cat very beautiful).

Have a look at what wiki has to say about whiskers:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whiskers

and

http://www.petside.com/petsideblog/2...ed-to-know.php

"In some mammals, the follicles of vibrissae are surrounded by a highly developed sheath of muscle tissue which can be used to move them, such as in the case of whiskers found on cats, dogs and other mammals."

"A large part of the brain of many mammals is devoted to processing the nerve impulses from vibrissae, because this is important for survival. Information from the vibrissae is transmitted and processed through the trigeminal nerve into the brainstem and thalamus before relaying to the barrel cortex of the brain. Mammals use a great deal of energy to keep the follicles housing their whiskers warm and ready to use."

Some white cats are deaf, nobody makes them that way either. But that doesn't mean it would be OK to breed with a deaf white cat. Similarly it's not OK to breed a cat without whiskers as these are important sensors for a cat.

regards,

Christine

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hmm

the persian in photo no.14/19 seems to have an eye problem, you can clearly see the brown smudges- why is it possible to show an obviously unhealthy kitty at a cat show? I thought there are vets checking out the cats before they can be entered?

The sphynx on photo 26 doesn't seem to have any whiskers, poor baby. In Germany breeding such cats is seen as a form of animal cruelty (same thing with the cat in photo 35).

regards,

christine
Sphynx cats do not HAVE whiskers from what I have read. Why is it animal cruelty? As for the white persian, I don't see anything unhealthy about it. The eyes are clear and bright and like Carolina says, it is practically impossible to get spotless eyes on a white persian.

cjh27

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catkiki

Sphynx cats do not HAVE whiskers from what I have read. Why is it animal cruelty? As for the white persian, I don't see anything unhealthy about it. The eyes are clear and bright and like Carolina says, it is practically impossible to get spotless eyes on a white persian.
... as said above- I've never had problems with any of my cats regarding spotless eyes, they wash their faces themselves and thats just that. Why should this be a problem with a persian????

regards,

Christine

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

And just WHO is that stunning Mau?????
Mimesis Poker Face, aka PB. He's my showkitty.

I'll get the Oci info out to you

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good Quality show sphynx do not hve whiskers.
In Germany the sphynx breed is treated bad.
My friends have told me.
If there was something wrong with the Persian the judges would not allow it to be shown.
Here are pics of my sphynx and as you can see they do not have whiskers.
In fact having no whiskers does not bother them at all.
I will post the sphynx standards and history of them if you want.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hmm

regards,

christine
Umm you're seriously living in the dark ages if you believe that cats really need their whiskers.

Cats that live together in pairs + usually bite each others whiskers off and it doesn't do them ANY harm.

That white Persian does NOT have an eye problem. Those eyes are fine.

If you have never owned a white Persian then I think you need to seriously watch what you say.

It always always my dream to own a white Persian and I wasn't allowed one until I was 10 (I think)

I found this photo of her

Sorry but my cats do NOT have eye problems, they are healthy and well looked after - when you've owned your first white Persian come back and tell me how easy it was!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Christine - you must be kinda new to purebred cats. Some breeds (natural mutations) don't have everything. Cornish/Devon Rexes and Sphynx have curly whiskers or no whiskers. This has never hurt the cats in any way. They still act normal, navigate normal,etc.

Manx cats have no tail - does that affect them much? No. I would suggest you read about some of the breed history before you jump to conclusion about "cruelty".

cjh27

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Umm you're seriously living in the dark ages if you believe that cats really need their whiskers.

Cats that live together in pairs + usually bite each others whiskers off and it doesn't do them ANY harm.
So you're trying to tell me now that cats don't need whiskers and that whiskers don't have any function? So why do cats then have whiskers in your oppinion?

Grown up cats do not bite off each others whiskers in my experiance- this is something a mother will sometimes do to try to stop kittens from leaving the nest too soon. None of my grown up cats have ever bitten of each others whiskers (we've had up to 6 cats living together here), nor do my neighbours cats have bitten off whiskers (they both have 4).

Maybe you're the one living in the dark ages concerning the functions of a cats whiskers?

That white Persian does NOT have an eye problem. Those eyes are fine.

If you have never owned a white Persian then I think you need to seriously watch what you say.
Why? This is a free forum and I should be able to say what I think and comment on things I see in photos freely.

It always always my dream to own a white Persian and I wasn't allowed one until I was 10 (I think)

I found this photo of her

Sorry but my cats do NOT have eye problems, they are healthy and well looked after - when you've owned your first white Persian come back and tell me how easy it was!
For me your cat in that photo quite cleary has an eye problem- why else is there so much brown discolouring around the eyes? A healthy cat does not look like this.

If you think I'm not getting the point then please explain to me where this discoulouring is coming from, it's not typicall for white domestic cats.

regards,

Christine

Status
Not open for further replies.