My cats favorite canned food is.......

ruaryx

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Whoops, it's the same thing. I was too lazy to use the full name. Lol.

lokhismom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My Lokhi - Nutru Natural Choice chicken or turkey

My new addition Rainy -   Anything.  This kitty would eat all day if I let him

thehistorian

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Currently it is Nutro Natural Choice Soft Loaf Chicken. She inhales it in one sitting. She likes the Nutro Natural Soft Duck a lot but she usually eats a crap ton, then meanders off, and then comes back and finishes the duck in a second go. She takes a bit longer with the NNC soft loaf turkey - it's not her favorite but she will eat the entire thing.

catpack

TCS Veteran
Kitten
Purraise
Hands down, BFF Tuna & Pumpkin is the favorite around my house! Wish BFF made more flavors w/o carrageenan.

slykat12

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Anything W Chicken or Turkey that Weruva makes. She likes all 4 lines. We also eat Carragean free foods.

Last edited:

BonitaBaby

Emotional Support Cat "Owner"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Rotate them all
I am rotating them one by one, but it's like after eating her new favorite or one of the others, she will not want her old favorite anymore and it just sits there. =/ I bought Fortiflora to try to solve the issue of the stocked up cans of her old favorites and that fixed it! Except now I have a crack catbaby!!!
  She was not wanting her Iams kitten pate anymore when it was up in the rotation of her wet cat food last night, so I opened a packet of Fortiflora to entice her and as soon as she smelled it, she wanted some!! I sprinkled some on the Iams kitten pate last night and she gobbled up the parts of it with Fortiflora!!! She made noises I have not heard before to indicate she wanted more, so I put more on top of what was left and she ended up eating almost all of her wet food last night. I only give her 1/4 can in the morning and then 1/4  of a 3 oz. can in the evening since she eats so little of her wet food. For the Sheba mixed grills, I give her 1/2 can at a time because she'll actually eat almost all of the 1/2 a 3 oz. can of that one.

What is in Fortiflora?!? It really is like crack cocaine for my cat!! That solves the issue of her turning down wet food; however, it raises another issue as that stuff is expensive and now she is expecting it at every meal, like this morning.
But she's happy so
and if what I read about it helping her digestion out is true, then it's good overall.

lokhismom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Bonepicker, have you thought about commercial raw/freeze dried? I've been thinking about it but the main thing holding me back is my concern about the cost.

But I spend so much on all wet for 2 kittens not sure which would be more economical

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Recently I've started feeding my cat Stella and Chewies Raw turkey, its freeze dried and pasteurized using high pressure so its safe, and he loves it.
Our cats love Stella & Chewy's, too, both freeze-dried and frozen.

A comment on Lokhismom's question: I find that commercial raw ends up costing the same or even less than good canned foods. That's partly because the cats simply like it better and finish everything and partly, I think, because it's more fillling for them -- maximum protein! -- so they don't get hungry as fast.

Their canned food favorites seem to be moving in the direction of shreds but it's not always easy to find them without potato, carrageenan, and excess carbs, or, for that matter, with real pieces of meat! Thank goodness they like Tiki and Weruva's Cats in the Kitchen.

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I was feeding canned (I now feed prey model raw), Ritz loved Fancy Feast Classic fish flavored. I've read that some cats can become 'addicted' to fish because of the strong flavor. She use to love Soulistic and Tiki before she discovered FF. (The FF Classic version is relatively low in carbohydrates.)

emandjee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My two love Tiki Cat (I only offer chicken flavors and the occasional sardine for EFAs), but they also love Wild Calling in duck and rabbit flavors especially. I also feed them NVI canned, in venison, beef, rabbit and duck. I buy those on 13.2 oz cans to save money.

burkey

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Both my cats adore ZiwiPeak canned venison. It is quite expensive though, so I don't feed it exclusively (they wish I did!).  The company is located in New Zealand, and they recently tried to get production going in the United States. They weren't satisfied, so decided to nix that and revert back to shipping the finished product directly from New Zealand. Supplies should be replenished here in the states in the next few weeks. (I contacted the company directly, and this is the info I was given).

My two both also like the Wellness grain-free chicken & beef flavor.

Only one of my cats likes shredded foods, and he adores Soulistic Good Karma. This is found only at Petco.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Only one of my cats likes shredded foods, and he adores Soulistic Good Karma. This is found only at Petco.
Ours love Soulistic's Autumn Bounty and like Good Karma, too... I've started draining off some of the liquid because it's carbier than I like to feed them. They still love it and they get plenty of nutrients from their other foods.

luckybabycat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Holistic Flaked Pork is Lucky's current  canned favorite.  For a while it seemed to be a 95% Beef found at Walmart.  He is still a dry food junkie tho & likes Iams Classic Chicken dry to snack on during the day between wet food meals. He wasn't able to have the dry for a whlle, awaiting dental extractions & just after, so we were scrambling trying to find something he really liked. He also likes Fancy Feast Classic & Creamy Broths as a treat now & then. He wasn't drinking water it seemed while eating the wet, so I gave him more broth then.  But I suppose he just didn't need as much with the wet food only.

nora1

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Nora loves anything from Weruva, Stella and Chewy, and she loves the rabbit from Natures Variety Instinct :)