My cat won’t eat his raw food all of a sudden

everariana

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My two cats love raw food. I recently reintroduced raw turkey, which is a blend of boneless turkey thigh, turkey organs (heart, gizzard, liver) egg yolk, & calcium Alnutrin, back into their diet. They transitioned over a two week period with their regular canned food (they eat other raw but I ran out so I had to transition with canned). Every day they would both go straight for the raw turkey. Getting them to eat their canned food during the transition to finish a complete meal was a challenge! The past 4 days or so they’ve been eating full raw turkey meals for breakfast and dinner w/o canned food (they still eat canned for lunch), but the past 3 meals my male cat Hugo BARELY eats the turkey. It’s like all of a sudden he just gets a few licks and leaves it alone when he usually scarfs all the turkey down in one sitting. Luckily it’s not a case of appetite loss, because he still eats his canned food. Last night I had to use canned to feed him because he only ate 1/3 of his raw turkey meal.

has anyone experienced a sudden attitude shift like this? He’s had several moments of pickiness throughout his 1 year of life when it comes to food but never this sudden. One day he loved it, the next day he doesn’t.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah with primal raw turkey. I think he got sick of it. Now he eats a rotation of 3 different homemade raw flavors and it hasn't been a problem, yet.

dhammagirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh yes, I think it’s very common.
A particular flavor or type of food will be loved for a while, then snubbed,usually after buying a ton of it. :censored:
After a while, which may be a few days or even weeks, it’ll be liked again.

nycats

Mother of 3 cats & fosters
Adult Cat
Purraise
Always getting bored of the food... And I have to run around, trying to find a food they like. Then they puke, so I have to transition slowly. Then rinse and repeat, once they get bored of that too. SIGH.