My Cat Vomited Up 2" Long Worms

tomlee378

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
he had rice sized ones in his stool also the cat wormer I had been using wasn't working so I gave him safe guard horse wormer like I used to and ever since he acts different not as active its been two weeks now he has quit eating he shows interest in food but only one bite he swallows once then he wont eat any more I got him to eat 3 Cheetos one bite of shredded cheese and he licked gravy off caned cat food a few times what do I do

Lindzee2018

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, I would strongly advise getting the cat to a vet as soon as possible. Tell them everything, --and don't wait any longer. Your cat is not eating or drinking and this is a big problem. Please don't wait.
I agree with Furball, and Ive never heard of giving a cat a horse wormer, is this typical practice?

lacy2000

Windy City Fosters
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I agree with Furball, and Ive never heard of giving a cat a horse wormer, is this typical practice?
I believe pyrantel may be what they are referring to? It’s known as a horse dewormer but works very well in cats when used in small amounts. They still need to go to the vet though because it sounds like it isn’t working.

And please don’t feed him cheese products, those are most likely to make him sicker, OP.

Lindzee2018

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I believe pyrantel may be what they are referring to? It’s known as a horse dewormer but works very well in cats when used in small amounts. They still need to go to the vet though because it sounds like it isn’t working.

And please don’t feed him cheese products, those are most likely to make him sicker, OP.
I wasn't sure, thats why I thought Id ask!

lacy2000

Windy City Fosters
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I wasn't sure, thats why I thought Id ask!
Yeah it may be safe but if the OP hasn’t gone to a vet idk how they got it and and it hasn’t been properly dosed so there’s no way of knowing if they are giving the correct amount. So I agree with you and everyone else that the op NEEDS to go to a vet!