My Cat Seems Lethargic And Pulls Out Her Fur?

Qstargazer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitten is almost a year old and seems slow when she walks. She sleeps a lot and pulls her fur out while grooming. Yes im going to the vet but I want advice on what I can do to help until then and also what the possible causes could be?

What would cause lethargy and pulling fur out? Thanks

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anything changed in her surroundings lately ? If pulling out own fur for no reason can be anxiety .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Qstargazer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Has anything changed in her surroundings lately ? If pulling out own fur for no reason can be anxiety .
Thanks for the reply. I just had a realization that it could be stress due to music and guests. I always make sure my cats are safe and my other one is happy and healthy as can be. So I will definitely try keeping my place calmer for the next week and see what happens. However that doesn't explain the lethargy. She honestly seems like she's becoming weak but my boyfriend thinks im reading too much into it. When I compare her to her sister her reactions are delayed and slow and she isn't as playful or sharp.

Thanks for the reply I will keep it updated after vet visit.

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, cats have a way of trying to hide when they are down however not moving much etc.. Is a sign. When mines unwell she turns from an excitable kitten to just sitting in one spot (usually under clothes stand) looking miserable

MoonRockyMistyMuffin

I love cats but I'm not lonely
Young Cat
Purraise
Cats pull their fur out if they are stressed, so it could be only that.