My cat might be going into labour please hell

pregokat18

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my cat bmo might have pushed out her mucus plug recently but im not sure. I need help identifying if she ok and if she haveing any complications.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pregokat18

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
20211001_040945.jpg

this is what it looks like if anyone could help

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, that looks like a mucous plug. It usually means birthing in 24-48 hours but they can go as long as a week. she may have 'dropped', looks a little slimmer, all the kittens would be lined up to be born, there usually isn't as much movement detected from them at this time. The way to tell if the queen is in trouble is to observe her actions. If she is calm, not yowling, and is still eating a little and drinking, though that may quit right before birth, everything is OK. It is close now so she may need you near, I'm glad she has you! Keep us posted!

pregokat18

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, that looks like a mucous plug. It usually means birthing in 24-48 hours but they can go as long as a week. The way to tell if the queen is in trouble is to observe her actions. If she is calm, not yowling, and is still eating a little and drinking, though that may quit right before birth, everything is OK. It is close now so she may need you near, I'm glad she has you! Keep us posted!
Thank you so much this helps beyond words I appreciate it :). She was eating and drinking up until an hour ago, but she seems to be resting now very close to me and not in her nesting box. I'll keep my eye on her.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds normal, cats are calm and quiet when everything is normal, they hide and quit eating when it is not. It seems like they take FOREVER to have those kittens, but you can't rush Mother Nature. A premature kitten does not usually make it. I'll pray for her safe delivery!

pregokat18

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
she is now continuing to eat the discharge i haven't wiped up, should I continue to let her do so?

pregokat18

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have also noticed a considerable increase of that same discharge it has me quite worried. she can't seem to lick it off herself, due to her belly. If its a sign she going into labor she's now in her nesting box and routinely trying to clean herself. No meowing or contractions that I've heard or seen, and im literally right next to her box.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She will lick more during labour. Watch closely, they don't happen continuously. Watch her sides and see if you can see any ripples or contractions. It doesn't hurt her to eat that, b7ut if she can't reach it you might wipe it to make her feel better.

pregokat18

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
she seems to be eating & drinking the same, although she has slowed down moving around alot. Shes been in her nesting box for the past 4 hours sleeping so she seems to be doing okay for now. But is still leaking that same discharge only in larger randomly timed amounts.