My Cat May Die

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Catvivid

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It would be much better for her if you kept her inside, it's actually rather dangerous to let small animals roam around on their own. Predators, parasites, cars, and even other Cats deciding they want to be territorial can harm her.

She may be upset at first since she's used to being outside, but she will get used to being in the house all the time and will end up being happier since she won't have to deal with things like weather.
She is indoors now that she's sick, but we're not planning on keeping her indoors. We don't live in a big city, the forest is in the garden, they love to hunt, and overall they love being outdoors. Most of her energy is spent trying to get outside, which worked one time. We caught her though. Her and her brother have gotten pills to prevent fleas and ticks. If I lived in New York, I would definitely keep my cats inside, but our town in Denmark is nothing like that.

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try not to think she may die. Be as optimistic as possible. Cats are very responsive to our emotions and she doesn't need your stress right now.
Good luck!

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now it doesn't matter if you live in New York or in Denmark, your kitty needs to be quiet, safe and looked after :)
As soon as she's better, you can decide on her habits.
Bye the way, is she still at the vet's?

Catvivid

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Right now it doesn't matter if you live in New York or in Denmark, your kitty needs to be quiet, safe and looked after :)
As soon as she's better, you can decide on her habits.
Bye the way, is she still at the vet's?
No, she's at home. Don't worry, she is indoors as long as she is sick.

Catvivid

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Did she ever get an x-ray after you stepped on her? How long has she been on the antibiotics? Is she eating and drinking? Did the vet do a culture to make sure the antibiotic is effective on the infection? Colloidal Silver given with antibiotics increases the effectiveness of the antibiotics. You could start her on Colloidal Silver. I recommend Utopiasilver.com. It's a quality company and they have the best prices for colloidal silver. If she's amenable, you can even put a capful in her water bowl.
Wow, that's a load of information. Yes, she is finally eating and drinking again, and no, she didn't get an x-ray. I will tell my parents about the silver. Thank you very much.

Last edited by a moderator:

Libby.

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow, that's a load of information. Yes, she is finally eating and drinking again, and no, she didn't get an x-ray. I will tell my parents about the silver. Thank you very much.
colloidal silver is good to have on hand. It's saved me trips to the vets.

Libby.

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just saw that you live in Denmark. I live in the US and Utopia Silver is also located in the US. You would probably be better off finding a local company or even making it yourself. It's pretty easy. I make CS myself. I have 2 12 gauge 99.999% pure silver rods and 4 flat 9 volt batteries that I connect together and a couple of 9 volt battery cap snaps and connector and alligator clips that I clip the battery wire to the two rods. I put the silver rods in a jar of distilled water and the rods are long enough to bend over the jar and I just clip the battery wires to the rods and the electric current starts putting nano silver particles in the water. There are lots of online tutorials for making your own colloidal silver if you wanna give it a try.

Catvivid

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Jumbo, who I've talked about previously, has an infection in her kidney. She may die. We don't know what's more likely - if she'll live or die. I'm crying, worried. She is only two years old, and I love her so much! She's always been the healthy one, and now she may die. View attachment 294649
Update: Jumbo isn't the best she's ever been, but I would say she's thriving. The main problem is probably feeding her, as she needs food, but the food is too expensive to have out all the time, because it's some special food, and her foodie brother loves it.

Attachments

vyger

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That is a prescription food and yes it is very expensive. It often has medication in it and is intended for just the cat that has the problem. Yes it is hard to keep the others from eating it. I had a cat that got liver damage from being poisoned. He was big and survived but was pretty ill. A second cat half his size died from it. Many of us here believe that the poison came from treated grain that was either spilled and left or from improper planting of treated grain. It needs to be planted deep enough so it doesn't get exposed. It is treated for insetcts and mold but when birds find it and eat it they die. Then other things eat the dead and dying birds and the poison gets spread all over. A lot of wildlife disappeared that year. Anyway, I had to feed him that type food, but it was the one for liver repair, several times a day. I put him in a separate room with the door closed with his portion so the others would not get it. They wanted it pretty badly. They were reaching under the door and begging to come in. We did that for six weeks until he recovered. He did make a full recovery so the food does work but you need to keep it away from the other cats.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
MOD NOTE: A reminder--always check with a qualified veterinarian before changing your cat's course of treatment or trying a new treatment.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have a room with a door in your house such as a spare bedroom or laundry room? If so you could try feeding her in the room and closing the door. Get her used to scheduled feedings in the room. For example if she gets a total of 1 cup a day give her half a cup in the morning and half at night.