My Cat Loves My Wife And Hates Me.

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
I have been just approaching her quietly, cooing at her and offering her a treat. Then I pet her a bit and then I back off. And guess who just came strolling into strolling into the room? She just jumped up next to me on the bed and sat down next to me. Just as I started to type this post. Right now she is sitting by me, facing away, but purring. So I take that as progress! ^-¡-^
Awesome, now IGNORE HER a bit... Play hard to get. Seriously. Make her want you.

And yes, this is also my go-to for human dating advice. :flail:

inkysmom

Inky's legacy - Belly rubs CAN tame feral cats!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sounds like progress! They very quickly the sound of a can opening, or you shaking a bag of treats and saying cookies! They'll come running for that.
You can probably win her over that way and by ignoring her and letting her come to you. That said many cats pick one person that's theirs many cats are also worried about bulkier winter clothes, as are dogs. And cats often like womens voices better and perceive them as less threatening.
She could have been abused by a man before.
You could always go to a shelter or rescue and get a kitten or cat who's more outgoing and really picks you as its person. Maine Coo s, Norwegian Forest cats, Siamese, himalaHim, Burmese, and mixes are all very friendly and affectionate if you can stand long fur and lots of shedding and grooming.
But I've had clingy regular mutt cats too.

Or get a dog lol.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awesome, now IGNORE HER a bit... Play hard to get. Seriously. Make her want you.

And yes, this is also my go-to for human dating advice. :flail:
Ever notice when a person is chasing you, you ignore them, then when they chase someone else you automatically start chasing them? :flail:
This is strictly if it's cool with both you and your wife, but if everyone agrees it might be a good idea to keep the treats and special food coming from you, and ONLY you for awhile.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been just approaching her quietly, cooing at her and offering her a treat. Then I pet her a bit and then I back off. And guess who just came strolling into strolling into the room? She just jumped up next to me on the bed and sat down next to me. Just as I started to type this post. Right now she is sitting by me, facing away, but purring. So I take that as progress! ^-¡-^
How exciting! Time and patience. Do you have pics?