My Cat Is Trouble!

CandieM

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I love how smart Olive is, and lately she has been very comfortable in the house. This is amazing, because for so long our house was in an unintegrated disarray of 3 cats.

But now we start to see the evil side of a smart and confident kitty. Pawing at my breakfast, stealing chicken breasts from dinner, taking the silicone sponge from the sink to her "killing grounds", figuring out that we recycle cat food cans and chewing through the paper bag to get to them. She spent 20 min trying to get at the uncooked bacon during breakfast, and when my back was turned started lapping up the raw eggs. And now she is digging through the garbage, and I need to buy one with a nice spring-loaded lid!

And I admit, I find this both delightful and frustrating. Delightful, because I secretly wanted a "trouble cat" so I could have fun stories and to add some surprise to my life. Frustrating because that chicken breast was supposed to be my lunch. We are much more careful with food now.

I would try and train her off the counters, but to be honest it's where she gets some respite from being chased occasionally from the other cats. So I think it's better we are just more diligent. But still, this cat is trouble!

^ Innocent face is LIES

^ How can this cute face dig in garbage!?

Although she makes a good guard cat. For about a year, the neighbor's gorgeous kitty Myrtle has been attacking the window, and all our two boys do is watch and hide. Two seconds with Olive and I hear all sorts of noises. Come downstairs, Olive's tail is super-poofed, she is running around like mad and Myrtle is slinking off in the bushes. So I guess Olive is a good protector or her family.

** P.S. no advice needed or required, just venting and extolling Olive's virtues and sins for the world. She really is delightful! Way different than the sad abandoned pet we rescued outside.
One day, I want a cat exactly like Olive. :) Can't get enough of that face. It's almost like they can do no wrong, even though the do. :p I wanna pet the fur baby. ♥

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to share Olive’s talent. She now comes up to the bedroom all the time, and once in a while is still chased downstairs. And then about 2 minutes later she comes back alone. I think she gets chased down, runs under something and while the other cats are trying to find her she sneaks out from somewhere else and runs back up. It’s like those cartoon fights where a big dustcloud forms and then the roadrunner or whoever crawls out and the coyote is still fighting with no one.

KarenKat

Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, she is pretty fun. We actually have witnessed her doing this with Trin (who is particularly clumsy and dumb lol) where he will go up to confront her and she just runs around a few pieces of furniture and dodges him quite handily.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm impressed you can keep so much stuff on top of your cabinet. Oh, and Olive is something else as well.

KarenKat

Top Cat
Purraise
I'm impressed you can keep so much stuff on top of your cabinet. Oh, and Olive is something else as well.
Well, the BF was annoyed that cat food kept creeping into all the pantry shelves, so I promised him that I would only take up 1 shelf. The top of the cabinet isn't a shelf, right?

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not a shelf, nope. If BF is demanding about the kitchen I hope he's making good use of his time in there and not just doing inventory.;)

KarenKat

Top Cat
Purraise
Not a shelf, nope. If BF is demanding about the kitchen I hope he's making good use of his time in there and not just doing inventory
Lol, to be fair, he is the main cooker. And he has 2/3 of the cats and about 1/5th of the cat food inventory space. :rolleyes:

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, then that's all right, I guess. I keep step stools to make the best use of all available space.