My Cat Is Trouble!

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
I love how smart Olive is, and lately she has been very comfortable in the house. This is amazing, because for so long our house was in an unintegrated disarray of 3 cats.

But now we start to see the evil side of a smart and confident kitty. Pawing at my breakfast, stealing chicken breasts from dinner, taking the silicone sponge from the sink to her "killing grounds", figuring out that we recycle cat food cans and chewing through the paper bag to get to them. She spent 20 min trying to get at the uncooked bacon during breakfast, and when my back was turned started lapping up the raw eggs. And now she is digging through the garbage, and I need to buy one with a nice spring-loaded lid!

And I admit, I find this both delightful and frustrating. Delightful, because I secretly wanted a "trouble cat" so I could have fun stories and to add some surprise to my life. Frustrating because that chicken breast was supposed to be my lunch. We are much more careful with food now.

I would try and train her off the counters, but to be honest it's where she gets some respite from being chased occasionally from the other cats. So I think it's better we are just more diligent. But still, this cat is trouble!

^ Innocent face is LIES

^ How can this cute face dig in garbage!?

Although she makes a good guard cat. For about a year, the neighbor's gorgeous kitty Myrtle has been attacking the window, and all our two boys do is watch and hide. Two seconds with Olive and I hear all sorts of noises. Come downstairs, Olive's tail is super-poofed, she is running around like mad and Myrtle is slinking off in the bushes. So I guess Olive is a good protector or her family.

** P.S. no advice needed or required, just venting and extolling Olive's virtues and sins for the world. She really is delightful! Way different than the sad abandoned pet we rescued outside.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KarenKat

Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! She's a little heartbreaker.

That's why she gets away with so much. She tried to eat my chicken soup yesterday, so I hissed and told her No, and she actually backed off. Who knows how long it will last though ...

FlawlessImperfection

Life isn’t perfect, and it’s lovely that way. ❤️
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love how smart Olive is, and lately she has been very comfortable in the house. This is amazing, because for so long our house was in an unintegrated disarray of 3 cats.

But now we start to see the evil side of a smart and confident kitty. Pawing at my breakfast, stealing chicken breasts from dinner, taking the silicone sponge from the sink to her "killing grounds", figuring out that we recycle cat food cans and chewing through the paper bag to get to them. She spent 20 min trying to get at the uncooked bacon during breakfast, and when my back was turned started lapping up the raw eggs. And now she is digging through the garbage, and I need to buy one with a nice spring-loaded lid!

And I admit, I find this both delightful and frustrating. Delightful, because I secretly wanted a "trouble cat" so I could have fun stories and to add some surprise to my life. Frustrating because that chicken breast was supposed to be my lunch. We are much more careful with food now.

I would try and train her off the counters, but to be honest it's where she gets some respite from being chased occasionally from the other cats. So I think it's better we are just more diligent. But still, this cat is trouble!

^ Innocent face is LIES

^ How can this cute face dig in garbage!?

Although she makes a good guard cat. For about a year, the neighbor's gorgeous kitty Myrtle has been attacking the window, and all our two boys do is watch and hide. Two seconds with Olive and I hear all sorts of noises. Come downstairs, Olive's tail is super-poofed, she is running around like mad and Myrtle is slinking off in the bushes. So I guess Olive is a good protector or her family.

** P.S. no advice needed or required, just venting and extolling Olive's virtues and sins for the world. She really is delightful! Way different than the sad abandoned pet we rescued outside.
Hahahahahahahahaha! I’m just so glad because I know you will share all the stories!!

Etarre

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Aw, what a cute little troublemaker she is. I guess that's tortitude for you...

I grew up with a dog who was similar-- smartest animal I've ever met, but very creative about making trouble. They're lucky they're cute, and the stories are worth it!

KarenKat

Top Cat
Purraise
Ah, another day, another thing that delights and vexes us. We bought Olive a new toy, it's an attachment to Da Bird wand that's rabbit fur or something. She went so crazy for it I had to detach it from the wand because she kept getting tangled in it from rolling around too much. But I didn't want to leave her unattended, so I put it in the one safe place we have in the house, on top of a tall pantry.

Well if we didn't see that toy on the floor the next day. Apparently she can jump up to our safe place if properly motivated. I moved it to inside a cabinet.

Later, I put some catgrass above the cabinet. Ran down when I heard the tumble of cans hitting the floor, and an innocent face looking up, going "what!?" So now the cat grass is kept outside. Torties!

KarenKat

Top Cat
Purraise
The vet estimated she is probably about 3 years old. She definitely has that energy level! We adopted her last November.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I love torties so much. (My auto correct changed ‘torties’ to ‘tortoises.’ They’re okay, too.) Sara, my first-ever kitty and only tortie, was so smart. Talk about attack cats. My then-spouse play attacked me one time, grabbing my shoulders and going “grrr” while I fake shrieked. Sara attacked him...literally jumped on him and started biting. We never did that again. She was too upset. It took awhile for him to get back in her good graces.

I worship Olive from afar. You realize that there’s probably nowhere in your house that she won’t eventually figure out how to get into...

KarenKat

Top Cat
Purraise
I worship Olive from afar. You realize that there’s probably nowhere in your house that she won’t eventually figure out how to get into...
Yes, I do. That was our last safe "out of reach" place. I think I'll be hiding things in the microwave from now on lol....

And her majesty graciously accepts your worship, and has asked if you brought her any food, please?

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
And her majesty graciously accepts your worship, and has asked if you brought her any food, please?
* Waves Northwest Naturals pork liver treats at Olive or Stella & Chewy’s Duck Duck Goose. * Will these do, Olive? I’m in Oregon. I can probably make it in a few hours. :lol:

2rescuekitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
HAHAHA:flail: she is so cute oh boy!
Toby likes to steal raw chicken too! I think he tells Stella to create a distraction so I leave the kitchen and then he goes for it:lol2:

Ohh man Olive is soooooo cute though and her big pupils make her look like puss and boots from shrek ..I mean who can ever say no to that face hehe

So glad she found you guys :cloud9: