My Cat Is Mean

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To a cat, especially a young one, playing is "preying". He thinks your hands are prey. Just gotta keep them away from him.

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you're just being cheeky. This isn't fun or funny.
"Hands are Not Toys"
Childs play, Kitten play.
You can tell because your knicked up a bit.
Non play will go to the bone with serious thoughts about the Emergency Room.
He's just playing rough. Some cats do that, they don't know any better.
AND, it's usually always our fault. The hardest thing in the world to do is not to play with a kitten with your hands. Because they are so cute.
But, to a little bitty kitten, a human hand is large. And even gentle is "roughhousing" to them.
And once they start? Almost impossible to get them to stop.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

VBG

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Because it's completely legal, he bought it at a vape shop. The benefits are numerous, from calming to topical pain relief. We read several articles, including petMDcat that support the use of CBD while stressing careful dosage. It couldn't hurt to try on a scaredy cat as it has great calming benefits.
This is what he bought, I put 2 drops on his paw. Yesterday he was SO much better after coming in from outside play. He usually hisses and growls at me, but he was very well behaved!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
a small airhorn to redirect him in those moments.
Like a bicycle horn? An airhorn like sportsfans use at ballgames is too loud. Why not use a half-filled can of coins as previously suggested? Just as effective and not damaging to sensitive ears.
basscat basscat 2 liter bottles? just come on over to Colorado, no prob :thumbsup: ...just kidding. Sort of :dazzler:
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine LOVE that vid!!

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
On one of the jg shows he used something that blows out air every time a cat passes by. It was quiet

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Is it still working for you? Any side affects like loose stools?

Because it's completely legal, he bought it at a vape shop. The benefits are numerous, from calming to topical pain relief. We read several articles, including petMDcat that support the use of CBD while stressing careful dosage. It couldn't hurt to try on a scaredy cat as it has great calming benefits.
This is what he bought, I put 2 drops on his paw. Yesterday he was SO much better after coming in from outside play. He usually hisses and growls at me, but he was very well behaved!

VBG

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No problems at all! We're having great success and have begun using it only situationally. Coupled with overnight confinement Gus has a clear understanding of who runs this joint

Etarre

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So glad to hear that things are going better with Gus!

• Purraise
Reactions: VBG

VBG

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
UPDATE: As of today we haven't had one 'redline' attack! Certainly kitten play, but he hasn't launched himself at me with teeth bared. He actually likes having 'his own room ' and doesn't tear it apart like I had imagined. Having never had this experience with cats past, I was unaware that being in our bed gave him the idea that he was in charge! But since the Vet told us to deny him our room he's really falling in line.