My Cat Is Dying From Fatty Liver Disease (hepatic Lipidosis) I Need Help Now

LadyGoDiving

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Wow. Just wow. I'm so sorry both you and your kitty are going through this. It's so hard not knowing what the outcome will be, or what exactly is going on. What are they saying is the underlying cause of all this? The hepatic lipidosis is CAUSED by something wrong, that causes the cat to not want to eat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ineedhelpnow

I love FURBABIES!
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow. Just wow. I'm so sorry both you and your kitty are going through this. It's so hard not knowing what the outcome will be, or what exactly is going on. What are they saying is the underlying cause of all this? The hepatic lipidosis is CAUSED by something wrong, that causes the cat to not want to eat.
Psychological trauma from a cat fight which caused withdrawal from eating. But his appetite has been getting better and he even eats some food on his own now, and the appetite stimulant the doctor gave yesterday helped a lot.

ineedhelpnow

I love FURBABIES!
Young Cat
Purraise
He seems better now and has been producing less mucous after the medicine for his sinus infection.

He's still straining to pee and has blood in his urine.

javi3

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm terribly sorry, that's so so hard. The DMG I mentioned also is supposed to be good for the immune system, diabetes, the liver and seizures for both pets and people. A few drops in food and it has been been pepping my cat up and yet relaxes her too.
It can be ordered online.
Just said another prayer for you, you are doing so much.

javi3

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
PS. Even though DMG is considered safe, ask your vet first of course as even natural products (and any fillers/additives) may not always be the best for these sensitive creatures.

ineedhelpnow

I love FURBABIES!
Young Cat
Purraise
Mini update:

Most of the symptoms of the sinus infection are gone, and he isn't producing as much bloody urine anymore. He's gained a lot of weight. I talked to his new doctor, she says it's good news. I think he's getting a lot better!! :D

ineedhelpnow

I love FURBABIES!
Young Cat
Purraise
:heartshape:
How are things today?
Oops, didn't see your question, he's doing so much better!! He is eating all of his food by himself now, has significantly less blood in his urine, gained weight and seems back to normal, maybe even a little more energetic. But I can't call it yet, although I have a good feeling that he's gonna make a full recovery.

ineedhelpnow

I love FURBABIES!
Young Cat
Purraise
Don't you just love threads that begin with "My cat is dying" and turn into "He's doing so much better!!"?
:purr: :dancingblackcat: :happycat:

Margret
It really is a miracle. I am still baffled at how it happened! I hope I can change the title, (and my username) so they sound less urgent. :)

Allen is a beautiful soul, he's my Richard Parker. I hope his story helps someone going through a desperate situation like mine. I want to thank everyone, without all of you I don't think Allen would have made it.

and here is Allen today sitting in my bike's trunk:

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll pray for your little boy to get completely well. I had a similar case last year with a little stray female, who ate nothing for almost a week and became very skinny and so weak she was stumbling. The vet said she was dieing. He gave her a shot of antibiotic and a shot of prednisone. And didn't even charge us since she was a stray we were trying to help. You were completely right with the syringe feeding, ANYTHING to get some food in them. I'm so happy to hear things are getting better, I think it was your love that brought him back!

ineedhelpnow

I love FURBABIES!
Young Cat
Purraise
Fully recovered. :)

Y'all have been a blessing, he wouldn't have made it without you. Thank you for all of the advice and knowledge that you shared. Hope no kitty here has to go through that again.

Daniel

ineedhelpnow

I love FURBABIES!
Young Cat
Purraise
I'll pray for your little boy to get completely well. I had a similar case last year with a little stray female, who ate nothing for almost a week and became very skinny and so weak she was stumbling. The vet said she was dieing. He gave her a shot of antibiotic and a shot of prednisone. And didn't even charge us since she was a stray we were trying to help. You were completely right with the syringe feeding, ANYTHING to get some food in them. I'm so happy to hear things are getting better, I think it was your love that brought him back!
:thanks: