My cat is dying and I'm considering how to bury her

nartyteek

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I took my cat in expecting to get a dental, and came out with a terminal sarcoma diagnosis. She only has days before I bring her back in to be euthanized. I love doing trees on top of plots, but tbh I am out of room for new trees! She's so young that this really snuck up on me. I've had the 18yo cat's spot picked out for ages. I am crafty and am probably going to at least sew, if not weave, a burial shroud. I find fiber arts to be healing, and even though it's morbid, I'd love to see her body wrapped up all pretty when I bury her. I'd love it to be something that will rot alongside her and won't keep her bound up in a vault.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry to read that.
I think that natural fibers, like cotton, would suit your needs.
Before I resorted to cremation due to lack of room for new burials, I would just wrap cats in a cotton cloth, and lay them down in the ground. I believe that both cats and clothes fade away at the same time.

nanniecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I took my cat in expecting to get a dental, and came out with a terminal sarcoma diagnosis. She only has days before I bring her back in to be euthanized. I love doing trees on top of plots, but tbh I am out of room for new trees! She's so young that this really snuck up on me. I've had the 18yo cat's spot picked out for ages. I am crafty and am probably going to at least sew, if not weave, a burial shroud. I find fiber arts to be healing, and even though it's morbid, I'd love to see her body wrapped up all pretty when I bury her. I'd love it to be something that will rot alongside her and won't keep her bound up in a vault.
what u describe sounds beautiful. it will give u comfort!