My Cat Is About 4 Weeks Pregnant And...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I was reading stuff online and they were making it out to be the end of the world. I don't want to get stressed out. This will be her only pregnancy. I just neutered the male.

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I was reading stuff online and they were making it out to be the end of the world. I don't want to get stressed out. This will be her only pregnancy. I just neutered the male.
Do you have any photos of mama? Is she the cutie in your profile picture?

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Here she is. Yes, the one pictured. Her name is Ruby. She's a Ragdoll. She's been laying around and purring. She also likes to lick my fingers. lol Your white cat is gorgeous. Is he or she pedigree? I also have a solid white male cat , a non-pointed Ragdoll.

Last edited:

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Here she is. Yes, the one pictured. Her name is Ruby. She's a Ragdoll. She's been laying around and purring. She also likes to lick my fingers. lol Your white cat is gorgeous. Is he or she pedigree? I also have a solid white male cat , a non-pointed Ragdoll.
The cat in my photo is the mother of my little girl! Although I’m sure my girl will be her doppelgänger as she ages! (She is a solid white with a few blue marks). Ruby is a cute name! My girls name is Lily :) the times are close! I would say between 65-69 is likely when she will have them :). So the cat you bred her with was a pure white male? Or did you breed her with a different cat?

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I bred her to the solid white Ragdoll male, who is also gorgeous. This will be her one and only pregnancy. I have no clue what color Ragdolls she'll have. I took her to the vet last week and they did an x-ray. She'll have 5 kittens. I am hoping for a Blue Point Mitted.

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I bred her to the solid white Ragdoll male, who is also gorgeous. This will be her one and only pregnancy. I have no clue what color Ragdolls she'll have. I took her to the vet last week and they did an x-ray. She'll have 5 kittens. I am hoping for a Blue Point Mitted.
It will be interesting! I recently got a male, who I will be registering to the tica if he grows to exceptional breed and color standards. What does dad look like?? Now you have me curious. I love colorpoints and white kitties :)

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ruby's mother was a dark seal point mitted. Her father was also a bicolor like she is. My white male's mother was also solid white and his father was a blue point. So it's hard to predict what colors the kittens will be. Some people are telling me white is a dominant gene. So I might have mostly whites. I want pointed kittens. My white male is good enough for me. Beautiful cat!!!

What type of cats you have?

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ruby's mother was a dark seal point mitted. Her father was also a bicolor like she is. My white male's mother was also solid white and his father was a blue point. So it's hard to predict what colors the kittens will be. Some people are telling me white is a dominant gene. So I might have mostly whites. I want pointed kittens. My white male is good enough for me. Beautiful cat!!!

What type of cats you have?
In all honesty white is likely dominant. From personal experience, the mother of my kitten was white, and the dad was blue. They were both British shorthairs . All kittens were white! And a few actually had odd eyes. I have 4 domestic short hairs,(with one half Arabian mau), 2 colorpointed, one female cream, and one blue tabby. I also may possibly have another girl who is a dilute tortie smoke dsh. She is the product of a litter from one of my rescues :) I also own a purebred Silver tipped British short hair boy named choobie :) in total I lost count of how many cats I have! All of my cats besides my two British are rescues :)

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have a Ruby girl too - the orange tabby in my profile pic. :lovecat2:

Your Ruby is beautiful. I'm sure she'll have gorgeous kittens. Remember to post pictures. :camera:

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some people are telling me white is a dominant gene. So I might have mostly whites.
Because white is a dominant gene, on average you would expect 50% of the kittens to be white, and 50% to be non-white (in your case, pointed).
Dominant White

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys. I am just crossing my fingers that I could at least get a Blue Point Mitted kitten from this litter.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You said on another thread that your cat is 61 days pregnant and no signs of labor.

That’s good, because you don’t want premature kittens that will not survive. Most kittens are not ready until 65-68 days along, so your cat has a few days left still. :)

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Some websites say 58 to 62 days. So they’re still cooking in the oven and will be ready soon. Thanks:)

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat is 62 days pregnant today. Still no signs of labor. She is eating, playing, napping, and purring. She is dislodging small mucus plugs for the past week now. I have a question, what age should we start deworming the kittens? I know the first vet shots start at 8 weeks. Is there an over the counter medication that is good for deworming kittens prior to their first vet vac? I have noticed there are several types of worms a kitten can have. How would you know, when the medications I see are for each specific worm type? My cats are 100% indoor cats. Not sure if the kittens will have worms.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If mama has been dewormed and has no fleas or worms, the kittens won’t have any either. Wait and see!

BRB

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat is 62 days pregnant today. Still no signs of labor. She is eating, playing, napping, and purring. She is dislodging small mucus plugs for the past week now. I have a question, what age should we start deworming the kittens? I know the first vet shots start at 8 weeks. Is there an over the counter medication that is good for deworming kittens prior to their first vet vac? I have noticed there are several types of worms a kitten can have. How would you know, when the medications I see are for each specific worm type? My cats are 100% indoor cats. Not sure if the kittens will have worms.
I’d say 1-3 more days. She is getting close.

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks, hopefully when I am home or in the coming weekend. 3 days would be Friday, so that would be great.

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Today made her 63 day of pregnancy. I got home around 7PM this evening and could not believe my eyes!!! This is Ruby's first litter. She had her kittens, all 5 of them!!! They all came out healthy and the same size. No runts! She had them all ready, gel skin removed, placentas eaten, and kittens dried and well groomed. No odor and minimal cleaning. She did an EXCELLENT JOB ALL BY HERSELF as a first time mother and only being a little over a year old. I am surprised that only two came out white and the 3 others came out cream color. Not sure it's because they're too young. Cream is not in their genes. The father is a solid white Ragdoll and she is a blue bicolor Ragdoll.

Attachments