Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Love-of-cats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello guys I am new to this post my cat is 61 days pregnant she finds it hard to clean her private areas so I help her with warm water and cotton wall when I do clean them areas she acts like she is in heat is that normal because I'm cleaning the areas for her

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's normal that she might feel stimulated. Being pregnant means that her hormones are in high gear. If she's 61 days pregnant, she may have up to one week left. :)

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:hellocomputer: Welcome to TCS!
How are her teats looking? Are you feeding her a good quality kitten food? The higher protein and calcium will be good for her. How exciting - do you have some nesting areas prepared yet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Love-of-cats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello guys she seems a bit wet down below I don't no if that is where she could of went to the loo or things starting to happen someone said they can lose stuff like a day or 2 before labour begins is that true she is on kitten food wet food and kitten dry food she also has chicken few times a week is she allowed tuna in her pregnancy to get goodness from I no us humans got to be careful with fish through our pregnancy is that the same with cats xx

Love-of-cats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thankyou guys will come back on and update use she is 63 days now I no of female cats gave birth on 63 days and 65 days when do I take her to the vets if she is way over due what number of days do I take her xx

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Cats can go up to 70 days. Most cats have no problem going into labor and delivering healthy kittens safely when the kittens and their own bodies are ready.

Be patient! :)

Love-of-cats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello guys we have reached 64 days lol still waiting hopefully soon she will have them I no most cats have there babies on day 64/65 can't wait to meet them I also hand raise kittens for people who are in trouble with things so hopefully I don't have to step in with my girl oh could i ask about there birth weight should I be concerned if there below a certain weight thanks for your support guys xx

Love-of-cats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I also had her scanned around 5 weeks of her pregnancy she is having around 3/4 kittens xx

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Beliw 90 grams is considered low birth weight, but healthy kittens generally gain quickly. If they don't you'll need to supplement.

Love-of-cats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey guys it's day 66 think my mama muff is in early stages she keeps coming in and out of the closet and cooing if I go to the kitchen she follows and cooing will update use if things progress xx

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:hyper: yep, sounds like she is nesting. So charming that she is cooing to you. She is so blessed to be in a loving home during tbis big event.

Love-of-cats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thankyou plan to get her done after this litter it's her first it's a good thing because we are keeping 1 from her litter so she can still be a mama I took on 2 british shorthairs because the lady that had them dumped them and went abroad 1 of the British shorthairs was pregnant would of loved to of kept her she was very timid around children so I got her done after her litter and rehomed her hat to get her done didn't want her being used as a breeding machine bless her she was around 10 years old maybe a bit less hat to do the write thing for her she had 4 babies and 3 died 1 survived with my help hat to hand raise him because she got mastitis and hat to be on medication I got the other british shorthair done my neighbour wanted her we still see her she is over the road xx

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless you for taking in those bsh sisters and getting them fixed. I had a tame cat have kittens in my house this year - first time since 1985 - all the other kittens r from ferals. I adopted the cat as a companion 4 my disabled daughter, got her from a lady who is entering hospice - i guess the caregivers let the cat out one too many times. I had a spay appointment for her on May2 but kittens came on April 29 - as they say, "man plans but God decides"! LoL

Love-of-cats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Had a long night had 3 hours sleep mama muff done sooo well they kept getting stuck like wouldn't fit properly pass her vagina every time she pushed they pop back in side then I got the vasealine because when she push I see part of the kittens sack so every time that part appears I wack some vasealine on there sacks noing they gonna appear back in side so when she pushes again the babies will come out further with the help of vasealine I hat to pull with some of them then when the 4th appeared he was breech his head was stuck inside her the rest of the body was out he was in there quite a while suffercating because his waters went which he didn't have the protection of his waters around him so they went which means his gasping for air while his heads still in there which means his gasp the rest of the water that was in there he was dead got him back to life rubbing his face and his body and tilt him up side down to get most of the fluid out bless him he came back soooo proud of mama muff really am love her soooo much she done well also if use could please tell me what food will give her energy to make her feel better I would love that thankyou she has had 2 blues and 2 creams dad is cream british shorthair he is stunning il post pictures of dad and then the kittens and mama xx