My cat hasn't had a season Yet and she's 8 months old

hannah1989

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Right I thought my little girl that I rescued about 1 month ago was pregnant but she isn't and her previous owners have said she has never had a season yet is this normal?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How do you know she's not pregnant?

She could have silent seasons. Do you plan to have her spayed?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hannah1989

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Previous owner said she had been lookin abit podgy and pregnant for around 7 weeks priya to me having her I've had her about 4 weeks now so there is no way she could be pregnant that long I don't feel movements in her belly either I do want to get her spayed I have a tom and another female that have been fixed already I just wondered if being 8 months and having no season is normal

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They could be silent seasons. She shouldn't go outside at all until she is fixed.

hannah1989

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry not 7 weeks priya was suppose to put 3 weeks priya lol she doesn't go out as I thought she was pregnant I kept her in anyway

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's less likely for them to go into heat this time of year. Or, yeah, she could have silent seasons. Either way, she obviously isn't pregnant so it would be best to get her spayed as soon as you can.

hannah1989

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Do they not come into season this time of year then? She is due to the vets Wednesday for spaying x

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good, just get it done and this will not longer be a concern for you, she will be spayed!!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do they not come into season this time of year then? She is due to the vets Wednesday for spaying x
They shouldn't come into heat this time of year, because if they weren't housecats that means the kittens would be born in early January and would probably freeze to death. Sometimes a housecat's cycles get messed up from the artificial lighting and heat so that's not a guarantee. . .but they shouldn't.

Good to hear that she'll be spayed soon! Then you won't have to worry about it at all :D.

hannah1989

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It was just a concern that's all she is booked for spaying was just educating myself on this sort of stuff thanks all for your help I didn't really realise cats had certain times for seasons etc...

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was just a concern that's all she is booked for spaying was just educating myself on this sort of stuff thanks all for your help I didn't really realise cats had certain times for seasons etc...
Where I live they do not. Cats here have kittens at Xmas. Cats usually go into heat every month for several days. They will be yowling, writhing on the floor, presenting their bum to you, etc. And outside there will be male cats waiting for them!

hannah1989

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
And that's why I'm happy to get spayed lol where are you from? I'm in the UK

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Where I live they do not. Cats here have kittens at Xmas. Cats usually go into heat every month for several days. They will be yowling, writhing on the floor, presenting their bum to you, etc. And outside there will be male cats waiting for them!
:yeah: My first kitten went into heat when she was 5 months old and cycled every three weeks throughout the winter until I got her spayed. There is a tendency for some cats to follow the seasons of the year, but many cycle all year round. Kittens can go into heat as early as 4 months of age, but can also be as late as 10 months or a year, so no heat by the age of 8 months is not abnormal. It's good that you're getting her spayed now.