My Cat Came Back Bloody And With A Scratched Eye

Bosup

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah that happened. I freaked out. I took her to the vet and she is sleeping now. She takes dropes for the eye and anti biotics. I will soon take her to another vet. I hope she wont lose her vision in that eye. The vet says the pupil reacts but the scratch doesnt seem very good at all... Any tips guys, iam upset but keeping it cool, i found this cat in the streets and she was 2 months old maybe. she is over 1.5 years old now i think. I think she still didnt eat. I have to wait for her to eat to give her antibiotics. Staying strong.. everytime i come back and see her like that it hurts me.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Are the antibiotics tablet form or eye drops. What are the eye drops the vet gave and how many times a day do you give them

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are SO many dangers lurking outside, everytime you let a little one out there it is a crapshoot whether they will return....
I have had many of my ferals show up bloodied, with damaged eyes and broken limbs. They recovered in time, cats are tougher than you think. Just make sure she gets those eye drops, that scratch can't be allowed to infect and spread. I found it is easier to give them if you gently pull the lower eyelid down to form a pouch and then put the drop in there. They quickly get used to you doing this. i put antibiotics in a tiny amount of tuna juice and then feed them after they finish that. Now is not the time to worry about nutrition either, get her to eat! shaved deli turkey, hot dogs, chickern nuggets, anything. Cats can't go too long without eating before they develop liver problems. All the luck, just love her and comfort her, it goes a long way!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bosup

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She was all day outside and she comes inside and chills with me all the time. Now i wont let her out for a week minimum so she can heal fully. I really love her. I have the heating open most of the time so she can sleep near it. The medication iam giving her are : TOBREX for eyes . Augmentin 1mg oraly . She wont go out in the night anymore. Tomorrow probably i will visit another vet. Ive spend alot of money these days but ill spend more for her.

Bosup

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Are the antibiotics tablet form or eye drops. What are the eye drops the vet gave and how many times a day do you give them
I mentioned them above

Bosup

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If there is a veterinary ophthalmologist where you live, try to take her to that clinic. I would call them today.
There is but in another town nearby. I have no car rn so probably i have to go by bus. But maybe that wont be needed. I think she will heal just fine, for some reason i feel like that. Iam very protective with my cat sometimes. But i dont trap her in the house, i want her to have the cattest life ever haha. I threw a rock once at another cat for attacking her in the face for no reason, not proud of it but i want to keep her safe, she is very nice and doesnt attack other cats, she plays alot with a tiger like cat here all the time.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like with two antibiotics , one for her injuries and one for her eye, I would give it 5-6 days to see if anything improves. Then if it does not, then take her back in, or call them and report. Sending prayers her way!

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is really important to get all of the antibiotics into her, and also to get her to eat. Try a variety of foods to entice her. Add toppings that smell and taste good if you have to. But it is super important to get the meds into her. The vets I work with always say to give the meds regardless but try everything you can to get her eating. I would call and ask your vet what you should do if she won't eat, if you should give the antibiotics anyway.

Bosup

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She started eating again and acting very normal. Her eye does not look good at all.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is she getting the eye drops/ointment? This must be given regularly. I've had cats that the eye clouded over, etc., and they recovered, you are doing all you can. The redness can take a long time to go away, as long as a bruise, and it is good I don't see a lot of discharge coming from the eye. It helps tremendously taht she is eating/drinking again, it will help her heal. All the luck!

Bosup

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Video of her eye here.

Iam giving her drops twice a day. Her pupil is responding to light but iam abit worried.she looks so cute .

IMG_20191005_134123.jpg

Bosup

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Bosup

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise