My Cat Benny Is Missing A

If a cat is missing, do they usually come home when it's dark outside?

• Yes, I believe they feel safer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it really doesn't make a difference day or night.

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

Dawn lindsey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm kinda new here. I posted something last week about thinking Benny's gums were pale, when in fact I took him to vet and he said, that he was healthy and nothing wrong. Since then, he hurt his back paw in a cat fight or something happened . The vet gave him antibiotics and we have been soaking his foot in episom salt and warm water. His swelling went down and the vet said, it might take a little while for the soreness to go away and that's what caused his limping. I was with him on the deck at 3am this morning and at 11am this morning he was gone, not in his house, and I asked neighbors if they've seen him and I walked around the neighborhood. With no luck. I drove around and didn't see him. I shook the treat bag and he always comes to me for that but still no Benny. Then, I thought maybe the people that mowed the lawn while I was asleep, maybe scared him. Since his paw is still sore he hasn't left far from the deck. I'm worrying my self sick. My husband thinks maybe the lawn mower scared him and he's hiding but will come home by the time it gets dark outside.
I would really appreciate your prayers and any and

Attachments

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
cats are generally Crepuscular so you might have better luck finding him at dusk.
Tommy got out during mid afternoon when I was talking to the fedex guy and there was snow out. Our yard is fenced in. We saw at 5 that he wasn't around to eat and went looking for over an hour with flashlights and calling him over and over. I gave up when my legs felt like they were on fire and came home and cried. A half hour later my boyfriend shows up with his arms full of Tom, tapping on the glass door with his flashlight to let them in. He was just next door under the neighbor's front porch. I'd been up and down my street at least three times yelling for him. Boyfriend told me he went into their yard and shined the flashlight under the porch and caught sight of Tom's eyes. He called to him and Tom walked out.
Shows how frustrating your cat might be. He could be right nearby and not responding. I wish you luck. I know how you're freaking out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dawn lindsey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I really appreciate your quick response and support. I'm worried sick over him. My husband believes that he will show up when it starts to get dark. My next door neighbor is allergic to cats but loves Benny. She's always looking out for him. She said, that one morning she left the door open to let fresh air in and Benny walked in and made himself at home. Lol. He knows her and that's the only person he's around. The only bad thing is, she's been gone all day but she said, she'd keep an eye out for him.
I just pray that he comes home tonight. I'll let you know when I find him.
Thanks again for the support.☺

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dawn lindsey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My precious cat Benny had been missing all day. I looked all over the neighborhood and asks neighbors to keep a look out for him. I was a nervous wreck, on pins and needles. I was sitting on my porch about 1 hour ago, and out of nowhere here comes my Benny. I hugged him, you would have thought I hadn't seem him for years. I had tears of joy, I was so happy.
Thank all of you for the support and replies.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
So happy for you! :hyper:

Is Benny neutered? Better keep him indoors so that he dosen't get into trouble. He might not come back the next time he goes out. Please take good care of him.