My cat,& a little controversy so, what is she???

siamesepeaches

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So, I introduced my cat Peaches here and also to some of my cat pals who started a very catty argument. Some insisted she was a Siamese tortie colourpoint. I think not! I said, she is a Tortie/Calico Siamese mix because she has white paws, one seal point arm one dilute, yellow arm with grey flecks and an orange splash on one ear. Then my vet insisted no, not tortie! she is only a calico/ Siamese mix because of the white. I think its been fun, she is unusual and hard to describe, so what do you think?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is a lovely seal-tortie & white pointed domestic shorthair. Very striking markings. You should think about showing her if she is spayed and not declawed.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Agree with above, seal tortie and white domestic.

She's quite unique looking - some of the most unique patterns/markings show up in domestics.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually Proud, she is NOT a Snowshoe mix - Snowshoes are a specific breed of cat with strict markings. Not every pointed cat with white on them is a Snowshoe or even part Snowshoe. They are simply pointed and white domestic cats.

This is what a real Snowshoe cat is (and they are rare because there is not a lot of breeders out there).

http://www.acfacat.com/snowshoe_synopsis.htm

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is simply a work of art! She looks like a Siamese, whose God brushed some color right on her nose, just to make her that much prettier!
You got yourself a one of a kind in there!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

You should think about showing her if she is spayed and not declawed.
Yeah! She already do poses like a champ!

So train also with folks standing around and commenting, while somebody draws in her och pokes on her...

At next step, train with her standing on a cold, semi wet table... As the judges tables are swept with antiseptics between every cat.

If she behaves and enjoys the shows, she has the potential to be a great show winner with her looks.

(Although I cant GUARANTEE she wins every time: there are also others beautiful domestics out there. Some of them had me almost fainting not to mention peeing...
)

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm just glad I have an Ocicat and not a HHP if she was shown

Just ask us about showing - we have plenty of people in here that show both household pets and purebreds and can help you with questions.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Actually Proud, she is NOT a Snowshoe mix - Snowshoes are a specific breed of cat with strict markings. Not every pointed cat with white on them is a Snowshoe or even part Snowshoe. They are simply pointed and white domestic cats.

This is what a real Snowshoe cat is (and they are rare because there is not a lot of breeders out there).

http://www.acfacat.com/snowshoe_synopsis.htm
I learn something new every time I come here. For some reason I had thought that snowshoe was a color pattern rather than a breed. Thanks for the information.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

siamesepeaches

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone for the kind words!!!!!!!!!!! I really enjoyed reading all your comments. I would have never even thought about showing her, interesting!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also think you should show her! What a very pretty DSH!

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As a shelter kitty she's most likely a DSH, not a Siamese. As I've said before, she's absolutely stunning and looks to have a very, very sweet face.

nekomania

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What a pretty cat!! You are so lucky! I also think she would steal a show!

I also wanted to say that those drawings look like they may be quite cute too.
But it's hard to tell.

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm usually not into tortiepoints but this one truly has very beautiful face! I also suggest on showing her, she is gorgeous.