My black cat (with her black fur boyfriend) had tabbys!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cihanthepanda

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know the above post as fact, don't let her outside. I had a cat that had kittens only about 70 some days apart, which meant she got pregnant in that first week after giving birth. She was nursing newborns and had 2 and a half-month-old babies. She nursed them all! I had to keep the older ones busy so the little ones could eat! She was an outside stray and trap smart, she ended up having three litters in one year and 17 kittens before I captured her. She finally trusted me. I still have her to this day and two of her kittens.
i dont understand!
how come they are so obsessed with getting laid
i know its nature, but not even humans are that `sex obsessed`!!
i just cant understand how something so sweet looking that meows so cute
can inside be a sex maniac

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone, our 9 month old Maggy had an accidental litter of 5
soon as she recovers she will be getting spayed end of

She gave birth to a beautiful bunch of kittens on saturday
so we are now thursday 5 days later

She isnt panting, or trying to push out more kittens anymore
apart from the odd trill or meow, she isnt any more or less vocal than she normally was

She eats - only at specific times
But-------- in general, if i want to wave around a stick for her to play with, she doesnt seem interested

And she`s constantly purring 24/7 when shes feeding

Is this normal? is she just shattered?

Theres nothing that screams out that she isnt well, but i just miss my Maggy that runs around to play with the stick every time i throw it on the floor

Thanks for reading this

Yes it is very normal for her to be purring and not running around- she is a mother now.:)

;

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
i dont understand!

They are obsessed, (if you can use that word) with the species surviving.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
i dont understand!
It's not that they are sex obsessed, it's that they have a very strong hormonal drive to keep reproducing. The fact is most kittens die before they reach their first birthday, so cats mate and produce a lot of kittens in the hope that some will survive long enough to pass on their genes to the next generation.

Of course, there really is no need for this if you are keeping the kittens indoors and making sure they are well fed and vaccinated. Please make sure you get your cats spayed and neutered as soon as possible. You don't want to be over run with kittens. Or faced with the awful choice of surrendering them to a shelter where they may be put to sleep if no homes can be found for them.

Do you need any help finding a low cost pay and neuter clinic? Let us know which city and country you live in and we'll try and help you.