My Big Boy Oliver

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's gorgeous !! I would love one as would be like having a dog without having to get a dog if you know what I mean. How are they with other cats though? My gracie a small moggie - would she be terrified? Do you know anything about his past? Who would give up such a lovely cat (or any cat in fact ) without having to
I've watched loads of vids about Maine Coons and they do behave like dogs in many ways. Apparently they take to a lead well and can be taught to play fetch. They are also known for following their owner around wherever he/she goes.
I also believe they get on well with other animals generally but they're all individuals so it's on a case by case basis I suppose. I can only say that he's fine with my two Cavalier King Charles and vice versa. I do have another cat but they haven't met properly yet. I think a Maine Coon would be fine with your Gracie so it would be down to Gracie whether it would work out between them.
The ad for him by the previous owner said that he (owner) was going through a 'massive change of circumstances' which, reading between the lines, I took to mean that he was going through a divorce. When I picked Oliver up I got the feeling that this was the case. He also gave the impression that he didn't really want him to go. Sadly for him, his loss was my gain. I had to drive a hundred miles to get him and all the while I was worried that someone would nab him before I got there. All the previous owner had was a promise by me that I wanted him. I think it was meant to be that I took over his care.
I was aware that some owners want rid of a pet if there are potential vet bills looming but I had him checked out and he's fighting fit for his age.