My baby girl has crossed the bridge

Kitty Mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's been quite awhile since I've posted anything here so I feel a little selfish about posting now. My baby girl, my beloved JC, crossed the rainbow bridge this morning. She was 22 years old. I know that she is free of pain now but my heart is still broken. I had hoped she would pass on her own since she hates going to the vet and I didn't want her last moments to be spent in fear but this morning I knew I had to help her along. RIP baby girl :bawling:

IMG_20180219_111818.jpg IMG_20180204_151204_hdr.jpg

Ilovemoggies

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So sorry to hear about JC. What a great age for a cat, you must have looked after her very well. Please remember in your time of sorrow, how much love you gave her and all the times she made you laugh. It's never easy, losing a family member, sending you love and hugs 💖💖

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kitty Mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your kind words. I think she had the most dominant personality of any cat we ever had. She was our little miss independent and always had things her way. Even last night she was demanding that I get out of her spot on the bed.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Lookit the mittens on that sweet baby. Obviously a very loved and loving cat. It must have been an honor to celebrate her life for so long a time, tho of course it is never long enough. Shows you are doing something right as a cat owner though. :catrub: Mourning her will be a process and only time will make your aching heart ebb from your current sense of deep pain into joyous memories you will always always have to keep you warm. You will always be linked. I believe rituals are helpful, whether it’s lockets w/ photos, an Irish wake, or writing notes about her to to be dropped into a river. You always have her, inside.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
As far as I’m concerned, you are welcome to spill as many fond memories as you like. And that patch will be your secret place to go to and touch, and just to “be” with her. (She must have had some claws!).:)

CindyH66

Peanuts Mom
Adult Cat
Purraise
oh, I am so sorry for your loss . You did the right , but hardest thing kitty mommas have to do. What a beautiful girl she was ! 22 years !! wow !! that is remarkable !! what a life she had !! not many make it to that age ! shows the love she had in her life .. and took with her. Hugs to you as move on in the days ahead ... :alright: :redheartpump:

Kitty Mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She was a very healthy girl until the last 3 yrs or so. We've been treating her for hyperthyroidism and she had a bout of pancreatitis last year. I guess time finally caught up.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, JC, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

Such a lovely, long life she had...but where there is love, an eternity is not long enough, is it? But I know this...JC lived, breathed and had her being wrapped safe in your love, and wrapped in that love she took her first steps on the path from This Adventure to her Next Great Adventure. Now, from her new home in That Place Where All Things Are Known, she send her love, translated and purified into Love, to walk with you down through all of your days. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides. Her Love is with you still.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart hurts for your pain. To have them in your life for so very long and then to suddenly have them gone leaves a huge hole in your home and your heart. You have 22 years of wonderful memories with that beautiful little girl, one day they will bring you comfort instead of such incredible pain.
She would NEVER want to bring you such pain. She would want you to go forward into the future and live it as you would want for her to live if you were the first to go. How do I know this? Because that is what love is and I know you two loved each other very much. Love means wanting the best for the other. The bond of love that holds your souls together is very strong after so long of time, NOTHING can take that from you, not even death itself. "Death cannot take that which never dies". She will forever be as close as your thoughts and prayers. She lives on through you now, so give her happy times and more love to reside next to hers, helping it to grow even stronger.
Learning how to cope with the loss of a loved one takes time. Even when we know the end is near, we can never prepare our hearts for the actual loss. It is a crushing blow and leaves a huge void in your life. Keep busy, keep your chin up, and know she is at peace because she has your unending love. She gave you 22 years of something truly precious in this world, a cat's love......RIP sweet JC. You will never be forgotten, you will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

Kitty Mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you all so much for your kind words. I know it was the right thing to do and knowing she is free of her pain is a comfort to me. She started off life as a barn kitten and ended up queen of the house. She will always be my special girl.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry about JC but the boys at the bridge are lining up to meet this beauty.💖💞 :rbheart:

Love, Mia:hugs: