my baby boy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Don O

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
will I ever stop crying about my baby boy cat......he was 18.........with me 1/3 of my life. I miss him so much.
he was so helpless near the end....he kept falling.....I was gonna put him down but he died in my arms.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Exactly where he wanted to be......
To die at home and surrounded by the love of family is hopefully how we all can end our time here on earth. Your sweet boy didn't want to leave, he had to. I still cry 8 years later when I think of losing my own little girl, but time does help to change our memories into fond ones of happier times, and gratefulness for having them share our life's journey for a while. 18 years is a good, long life a testament to your good care and love to keep him going.
Your boy lives on through you now. The incredibly strong bond you two forged over that many years can never be broken or taken from you. "Death cannot take that which never dies". The new path he follows will always parallel your own.
I remember I was lost in my grief, each love is a personal journey that must be navigated on its own. It's a lonely, terrifying time. Time is the only thing that helps, that and one day you will realize that just as you would want for him if you were the first to go, so he wants for you. For you to continue your journey into life, and seek the joys and happiness that loving life means. Each life fights against dying because none of us are guaranteed a tomorrow and must cherish each and every day we are given. Your precious boy would want only happiness and love for you, because he loves you, it is as simple as that. just as you would want for him. that is love.....
My heart cries for your pain, I have stood in your shoes. you are not alone, there are many who mourn the loss of a loved family member. Keep busy, and one day you may be able to add to his love in your heart by loving another, and in this way allowing his love to grow and bloom. Take care..,...RIP beautiful boy. You will never be forgotten, you will forever have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss, what a cutie pie.

Like Di and Bob said, that is where he wanted to be to pass away, in your arms. 5 years ago I came home to find Sebastian in peril, he had been sick and I found him tangled in the mini blinds, as I got him out and held him he passed away in my arms, being tangled didn't kill him he was just waiting until either I or Deb got home, he wanted to be with someone when he passed, not die alone. And as horrible as that experience was for me at the time, looking back now I am glad that I got to hold him as he left this Earth, and hopefully one day you will be able to think the same thing. They are both are fine now, just fine, no more suffering or pain, and when we meet again one day it will be wonderful.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am so sorry for your loss, I hope your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless.......:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I’m very sorry. It’s so hard to lose them when they’ve been a big part of your life for such a long time. My heart goes out to you. Rest in peace, little man. What was his name?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Petey, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on your Daddy's heart forever.

What a comfort, to live in love, and to die in love's arms. He lived, breathed, and had his being safe in your love, and your love went with him to guide his way when he passed through the Gate between This Adventure and his Next Great Adventure. And now, from That Place Where All Things Are Known, he send his love, now translated and purified into Love, back to you to comfort you. It will be with you always. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides.

IsaAndNena

Nena’s personal maid
Young Cat
Purraise
My heart goes out to you, you gave him the very best life ❤ The happy memories between you two keep him with you in your heart ❤

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Like di and bob di and bob said, 18 years is the testament of how much care and love you devoted into Petey, only love can power up a life for so long.
Petey left you and his world the way he would have liked, into your warm arms, hearing soft and sweet words, like a lullaby that helped him close his eyes, and when he opened them up again, he saw a new wonderful world, where all was so different, but the love all around him was till the same. And he can still feel the warmth of your arms around him.

RIP Petey, take care of your mom.