My 7 Week Old Kitten Walked Into the Vents

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, a baby gate is better than hanging a door. Doors are tricky, much more difficult than they appear to be.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi, lots of good advice!

I wanted to mention, you may want to add a litterbox or two, she's just a baby and having the extra ones will help ensure she makes it every time. Also, you will want to move the one that's right next to the food further away. Cats, by instinct, don't defecate by where their food is.

Also, since she is this young you may want to get a purr toy, or a heartbeat toy for her to snuggle with. That can help her with the transition to being without siblings :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

NateInkwell

New Kitten Daddy
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, lots of good advice!

I wanted to mention, you may want to add a litterbox or two, she's just a baby and having the extra ones will help ensure she makes it every time. Also, you will want to move the one that's right next to the food further away. Cats, by instinct, don't defecate by where their food is.

Also, since she is this young you may want to get a purr toy, or a heartbeat toy for her to snuggle with. That can help her with the transition to being without siblings :)
Already moved her box away. I can get a second one no problem.

About this toy, where can I find one?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Glad I got here after the scare was over, and THRILLED that she is doing well, and has an obviously caring, doting human taking care of her! Yep, even older cats seem to like that purring toy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

NateInkwell

New Kitten Daddy
Kitten
Purraise
Glad I got here after the scare was over, and THRILLED that she is doing well, and has an obviously caring, doting human taking care of her! Yep, even older cats seem to like that purring toy!
I found a few things to turn into makeshift toys for now, but the purring toy is next on my list.

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If there are any hiding places that make it difficult for you to get to your cat, block them off. Get cat caves for your kitten to hide in. A good cat cave is anyplace your cat can feel safe, yet you can get to it easily. Easy is the key word. If there’s an emergency, you want be able to get to your cat without any trouble whatsoever