Music - What Are You Listening To?

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyone remember ELO? Came home from work and blasted "Do Ya", "Rockaria", and "Roll Over Beethoven" then mellowed out with one of my all time favorite songs "Sweet is the Night".

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I loved ELO! I just listened to one of their CDs in the car last week! It was a Greatest Hits from back in the late 1970's I think. Great album!

On Friday, the iPod was blaring most of the day: Aerosmith, Eagles, Deep Purple, ELO, Prince, Dire Straits, Mark Knopfler, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Alan Parsons, Heart, Bowie, ACDC, Billy Idol, Billy Squier, Def Leppard, Creedence, Bon Jovi, Cheap Trick, The Doors, 4 Seasons, Kansas, Judas Priest, Santana, the Scorpions, Tom Petty, Foghat, Etta James, Kin, etc. It was a great day for music with a little bit of everything!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I really like Kelly Clarkson's new album Meaning of Life :) Taylor Swift's new album Reputation is just meh :ohwell:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I only listen to Sirius/Xm when I am driving. Hair Nation, Ozzy's Boneyard, Classic Rewind, Classic Vinyl and the 80's on 8 are on my presets along with Howard 100/101. I refuse to deal with terrestrial radio. Too many commercials. I love to listen to music on Youtube when I'm on the computer.

Right now I am listening to this

Last edited:

cataleena1010

Mom of 2 fur babies
Kitten
Purraise
I only listen to Sirius/Xm when I am driving. Hair Nation, Ozzy's Boneyard, Classic Rewind, Classic Vinyl and the 80's on 8 are on my presets along with Howard 100/101. I refuse to deal with terrestrial radio. Too many commercials. I love to listen to music on Youtube when I'm on the computer.

Right now I am listening to this

Love my SiriusXM 90’sand 2000’s

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm resurrecting this thread because I love music.
My all time favorite artists (not just music, but their effect on music as a whole) are Ozzy (Osbourne of course), Garth (Brooks), and Michael Jackson, but I'm completely addicted to Brooks and Dunn, Reba, Alabama, and Shania Twain has some really great stuff as well =)
I am not a huge fan of the new country stuff but there are some songs floating around out there that I find myself dancing to in private =D
Chris Stapleton has become a hit in this house. We play his albums often. Really good music from this guy that resembles the "old" country western stuff.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if anyone has heard of the band Clinic. But their song Distortions is AMAZING. Generally I like a crazy wide range of music. Amanda Palmer and Jeff Buckley are two of my all time favorites. I am seeing Marilyn Manson next month and I had the privilege of seeing Dick Dale last month and Gordon Lightfoot (for the 3rd time) and Godspeed You! Black Emperor last month also so my taste in music is a mess. But ugh Distortions by Clinic. Check it out here. It is mellow and great.

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm listening to Cockroach King by Haken on Spotify. It was on my Discover Weekly playlist. Musically I'm enjoying it and didn't know the name of the song until right now when answering this question....generally not a fan of those sort of bugs and don't like thinking about them. We had one roach here last fall wasn't one of the kinds that populate a house but I still called an exterminator and had them laugh at me. Just a Pennsylvania wood roach coming in to get warm in fall- what did I know.
Any way I digress...it's a sort of jazz fusion progressive song if anyone wants to check it out.

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm resurrecting this thread because I love music.
My all time favorite artists (not just music, but their effect on music as a whole) are Ozzy (Osbourne of course), Garth (Brooks), and Michael Jackson, but I'm completely addicted to Brooks and Dunn, Reba, Alabama, and Shania Twain has some really great stuff as well =)
I am not a huge fan of the new country stuff but there are some songs floating around out there that I find myself dancing to in private =D
Chris Stapleton has become a hit in this house. We play his albums often. Really good music from this guy that resembles the "old" country western stuff.
@1bruce1 You might not know this but Chris Stapleton wrote the song, Love's gonna make it alright and George Strait sung it. Let me link you to the cover he did of his song, I wish he's put it on his album instead..

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@1bruce1 You might not know this but Chris Stapleton wrote the song, Love's gonna make it alright and George Strait sung it. Let me link you to the cover he did of his song, I wish he's put it on his album instead..
Oh, wow...I did not know this.
Both really amazing artists!!!
But I do prefer CS's voice. Just way cool and nothing like you hear today anymore.
Thanks for the info!!!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love (some) music composed for film, and one of my favorites is John Barry.
Here's one of his I just discovered this week, as someone requested it be played on my favorite station KUSC:

Rob81

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I play guitar, bass, and piano/keyboards. The drums are software based. I don't sing. I'm looking for a singer.