Music - What Are You Listening To?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I need to find a new radio station to listen too. The radio station I normally listen to has changed their format to be a lot of "Throwbacks", but their idea of throwbacks is boy bands and Britney Spears. :sigh:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Pearl Jam this morning=Def Leopard too.

Yeah we had the Shark that used to play classic rock=now it's classics=and its pop music=not that I don't mind but when I want classic rock=that's what I want=not WZID love song crap. That station overplays boys to men and other stuff that doesn't interest me. Adele gets overplayed too-not that I don't mind but you know when you want classic Aerosmith and LeD Zep I don't want to hear that love song stuff!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Aerosmith
I just love Aerosmith

Train Kept a Rollin' just rocks when I'm on the treadmill

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
omg I found this cover version of sailing by Chris cross= so harmonious!!!

I was very impressed=evidently Avant has cut several albums=I really love a good Piano player!

I know my tastes are all over the place=I watched a concert last night on my new phone of chris cross in the earlier years=so very talented and the melody they produce is music to my soul. I really love soft rock and hard rock.

Yesterday before I left for work I was listening to Metallica BLACK. Enter Sandman is my favorite on that album. I think I am going to see what is new in rock=haven't bought anything contemporary in awhile=most of what I listen to is from the 1970s-2000s.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I had one of my playlists on all day yesterday while working in the yard. It ranges from Styx, Lady Gaga, Pink, Prince, Sting, etc.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm saving for a good MP3 player, then I will download all my stuff.
Today, it was my Doctor Who music from Murray Gold. Yesterday it was Muse, U2, Peter Gabriel, The Cure, The Cars, Queen, Imagine Dragons, Def Leppard, Bon Jovi and everything else on the disc I burned.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
dug out some old CDs in my truck-came across Restless Heart= Big Dreams in a small Town. Several tracks are my fav- blue eyes in Texas and , A tender lie and Big dreams in a small town for starters..came out in 1988.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It's ok!! I prefer music from the 80/90s :)
My DH and oldest love 80's music. My daughter saw Morrissey and Pet Shop Boys in concert. :thumbsup: They both also like The Cure, Joy Division, Depeche Mode and New Order.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

one of the songs I keep playing over and over. I just love the melody of this song. Just a really nice piece of art. Love the drums, piano and guitar in this piece.

Another great melody and the video is cool as you know I love cars...this is a song to play when the wheels are turning for sure.

I haven't heard this one in years-love youtube=selects similar music=a break from my usual classic rock.

and one more

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Today is "Strata" by Robert Rich and Steve Roach. I'm confined to listening online right now until the budget will allow a new cd player, and this one is loaded onto my computer. I like new age music. It's also my favorite channel on the cable's music line up. Close after that comes blues and jazz, especially smooth jazz.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Boy you guys must be young. The only ones I've heard of that was posted lately were Christopher Cross and AC/DC. The rest were all new to me.

Muffy

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Def Leppard Hysteria and Greatest hits the past two days.

Love AC DC.

Metalica black is next. Enter Sandman is my fav on that album.

I swing from love songs, to r and b to rock to country to alternative..there's not much I don't like.