Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
:spew::lol: (Especially when we write the Name of song...in alphabetically order...but youtube writes out the performer's name first.🤷‍♀️ Well of course they have to.
I have to keep telling myself..."stick to the song, stick to the song, stick to the song":musicnote:.:jive:.
That's what happened to me, when I posted my "M" song after Loverboy's "Q" song. Course I also bent the the rules by posting 2 songs in a row. :paperbag:

I will probably end up repeating songs, too.
Is there a rule for repeating songs..Do we get kicked off the game if we repeat too much?? :lol: :dunno: Just curious. :blush:)
There's no firm set of rules for the games, though there is a thread that talks about rules.
New rules for Game Threads

But I think the main thing is to have fun! But at the same time, try to post in alphabetical order, and not repeat the same songs over and over.

I'm not in charge, but I feel like we're going to have to repeat songs for Q and X and maybe Z and it might happen on accident for other letters and it should be fine...but if someone was always rushing to get say, L and posting 'Livin' on a Prayer' every single round, that might be a problem. ;)
Yes, with the Q, X and Z songs, repeats are going to happen. Either that, or skip the letter altogether, if we end up posting Olivia Newton John's "Xanadu" every time X comes around. ;)

I think covers of songs should count as different songs as well!
Makes sense.

Lol. Okay, I won't rush to get L, and post 'Livin' on a Prayer' each time,...I promise. :crackup: :flail::spew: I like the song, and I'd probably give it a 'thumbs up' the first few times I saw it...but then maybe 'other faces' ...after that. :thumbsup: ...👍.... 🤣😲☹ ....:wink:😹
So are you a Bon Jovi fan too? Or just like Livin' on a Prayer. I'm the resident Bon Jovi fan(atic) so I just assumed Lari Lari was referring to me in her post. :flail:

And speaking of Bon Jovi ...

Just Older - Bon Jovi

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
That's what happened to me, when I posted my "M" song after Loverboy's "Q" song. Course I also bent the the rules by posting 2 songs in a row. :paperbag:
I'm only now on page 5, since I'm adding new music, that I like, to my home computer list and cell phone, too.
Songs which I would have never heard before, so I'm thankful for that. :biggrin:
I have not come across, your ...errr...switch ups, yet. ...or posting 2 in a row, yet.
But I guess if they were posted on different days...then it's not so bad...if there were a few days in between...just to get it moving again.
There's no firm set of rules for the games, though there is a thread that talks about rules.
New rules for Game Threads

But I think the main thing is to have fun! But at the same time, try to post in alphabetical order, and not repeat the same songs over and over.
Sounds good. So no posting favourite songs, over and over, and over again. Makes sense.:cool2:
It's just hard if someone else posted a song, and we noticed...but then forgot...like 3 pages later.
But yes...having fun is the main thing.:)
Yes, with the Q, X and Z songs, repeats are going to happen. Either that, or skip the letter altogether, if we end up posting Olivia Newton John's "Xanadu" every time X comes around. ;)
:lol: Yes, not sure if it's better seeng 'xanadu'...for the fourth time...or saying, "skip x", then posting a 'y' song.
Though, I think we should still try for all the letters...this early in the thread....then kind of 'cheat with posting a few from before'....before we actually go into 'skipping'. :bluepaw:
I suppose it depends on what everyone else wants....or does.
freedom of choice.:dunno:
So are you a Bon Jovi fan too? Or just like Livin' on a Prayer. I'm the resident Bon Jovi fan(atic) so I just assumed Lari Lari was referring to me in her post. :flail:
Oh, oh...I feel like the "answer" to this "loaded question" (blaze of glory, wanted dead or alive)...is very, very, very important.:shocked::paranoid: :blush:
I hope there is no wrong answer. Or answer "not as much"...then slowly have to walk away....and play with the cats.:whistle::idea: :lol: :salam:
I'm not actually a huge fan, I liked Bruce Springsteen more.:heartshape:Though I have watched the movie, "Moonlight and Valentino", where Jon plays the gorgeous house painter.Moonlight and Valentino (1995) - IMDb

(But yes, I do like Livin' on a Prayer, but my younger sister is more of a fan...not a fan(atic) like you are...We did go see them in concert way back in 1993, (I had to go look at my old ticket stub, from Maple Leaf gardens, opening was Jeff Healy. I don't remember the concert so well. I only remember the guitar player, keyboardist,...and of course...Jon Bon Jovi. It was a great concert though, I do remember that the crowd was very wild for them.)
I was. :blush: I figured you'd be okay with me using you as an example. :heartshape:
Yeah, I figured Rubysmama would have been okay with the use of that example, too. :biggrin:
But you did make me laugh, because you chose that example, specifically,....and not any "nina granis" songs.:lol:
(I've never ever heard of nina granis, so the songs you posted were nice.)

I later thought, "ummm, I hope rubysmama rubysmama ...has a good sense of humour, too, ...and does not suddenly "throw myself, and Lari...into the "cat cave", or "cat time out"...for posting that particular example." :sweat: :crackup::lol: :wink:
That was us, "giving love a bad name"...and really "livin' on a prayer", too, ...hoping that when Rubysmama saw it, she'd understand...that "we love ...that she loves them so much".:)

Nemo....by Nightwish
(thanks to an old cat site member named Jtbo)

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I was. :blush: I figured you'd be okay with me using you as an example. :heartshape:
Oh, definitely. :thumbsup:

Though, I think we should still try for all the letters...this early in the thread....then kind of 'cheat with posting a few from before'....before we actually go into 'skipping'. :bluepaw:
I keep searching for "songs that start with "whatever-letter-we're-on", then check the lyrics to make sure they're site appropriate, then post. It is harder with those 3 letters, but so far so good.

I hope there is no wrong answer. Or answer "not as much"...then slowly have to walk away....and play with the cats.:whistle::idea: :lol: :salam:
:flail::flail::flail::flail:

But you did make me laugh, because you chose that example, specifically,....and not any "nina granis" songs.:lol:
(I've never ever heard of nina granis, so the songs you posted were nice.)
Yeah, exactly. Though Lari Lari 's been very sporadic with posting Kina Grannis songs. I'm trying, as well, with the Bon Jovi songs, but probably have already posted more than y'all really want to listen to. ;)

One Night Love Affair - Bryan Adams

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, exactly. Though Lari Lari 's been very sporadic with posting Kina Grannis songs. I'm trying, as well, with the Bon Jovi songs, but probably have already posted more than y'all really want to listen to. ;)
I'm not yet up to date, with browsing this thread...so wouldn't know how many Bon Jovi songs there are.
But I say...if it makes you happy....then go for it. :cloud9: :jive:
The rest of us, probably only know the popular radio ones...so throwing in a few ...that are not so familiar would be cool and informative, too. :musicnote:

I'm going to throw in this article that I read today, for you....or anyone that reads this.
I'm sure you know it inside out...but I found it so, so interesting...especially the last parts.
19 Things That You Probably Didn't Know About Jon Bon Jovi
That's another reason, why I like this game. Not only for the new music, but also ...I get to google research...to learn more about certain singers, or bands. Entertaining, relaxing, and informative, too. :)

Paid My Dues....by Anastacia

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, I might have gone through Kina Grannis's channel, and between originals and covers, she has songs for every letter except X and Z, so I could almost do a whole alphabet with her. But I am trying to broaden things a bit.

Que Sera, Sera - Doris Day

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
So, I might have gone through Kina Grannis's channel, and between originals and covers, she has songs for every letter except X and Z, so I could almost do a whole alphabet with her. But I am trying to broaden things a bit.
Wow. Doing a whole alphabet with one performer or band is impressive. :cool2:
(I was looking at some of my favourites...and got disappointed....that they didn't use different alphabet letters. :headshake: :hmmm:
Because that's really important, now.:crackup::thud:

(Sorry about using so many spoilers. I just write too much, so wanted it not to interfere with the game.
I promise, that I will focus on just the game, now. :jive: :paperbag: :blush: :wink:)

Reckoner.....by Radiohead

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I just went through Bon Jovi's songs, and they have songs for every letter except X & Z. Just thought y'all like to know. :evilgrin:

Seasons In The Sun - Terry Jacks

Status
Not open for further replies.