Munchie's Transition

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cprcheetah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Additional Lysine as my levels were too low, and additional fish oil and vitamin e.  I don't think any of it should be affecting it because I was feeding the doses prior to the switch to raw and with his first batch of raw.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So there is a difference between batches or not? Sorry, I'm tired and confuse easily these days. :D

cprcheetah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He He, it has more lysine in it, more fish oil and more vitamin e, however I had been previously adding those things to their individual meals so I don't think it is additional.  So just the manganese added.  I added more water to DeeJay's meal tonight and she ate 3/4 of it without canned food.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, if you added "more" of something, then there's a difference in the dosage. And yes, some cats won't eat their food because of it.

cprcheetah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It must have been a fluke as they are both now eating all their food all gone without any enticements :)  Which makes me very happy.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good!  Some days I eat more than others too, so I imagine it's the same for cats.

cprcheetah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Munchie is down to 14.6# this week so that's a 3oz loss in a week which I don't think is too excessive.  Both DeeJay and Munchie continue to eat their food well.  Just made another batch this weekend with more tweaks based on talking to my Holistic Veterinarian for their specific needs.  It is definitely a learning process.  I want to start trying other proteins other than just Chicken so they get a variety in their diet.