Moved and cat yowling

darcifinn

Jax & Audie
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We moved yesterday and my cat is screaming all night. It is driving me crazy. Am I cruel to put them in a room with food, water and litter so I can get some sleep? I am especially worried as my husband is a cop and while sleep deprivation sucks for me it is life threatening to him.

Thanks!

p.s. Ironically they are part of the reason we moved. I wanted a bigger place for all of us.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would give your cats their own room.  Let them adjust to that room before letting them explore the rest of your new home further. I did this with my 2 and it really helped them.  After a couple of days they were exploring fine; but using that room as sort of a "safe space" to retreat to.  

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:yeah: Very true :nod:

Moving is very stressful for cats, so it's not surprising that your guys are struggling to adjust. Feliway diffusers may well help, and are definitely worth a try. Composure is worth looking at too, especially if they're really stressed out.[article="33377"][/article][article="32804"][/article][article="30316"][/article][article="32758"][/article]