More Natural Remedies For Allergies In Cats?

thunderseed

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat has really bad allergies. She has many food allergies which I've learned to manage so that's fine, but she also seems to be allergic to something in the environment and I'm not sure what it is, but I do know that her allergic reaction comes and goes, and it has happened in the winter and summer, so it's most likely not something seasonal like pollen, and I've already ruled out fleas.

I want to know if there is something natural I can give her to relieve her itchy skin/rash symptoms?

The only thing I've been doing so far is putting coconut oil on her skin, where she is prone to rashes that get infected and that does seem to help quite a bit but I want more ideas.

The vet only recommended Prednizone which did help clear it up a few times, and once when the infection got really bad we had to put her on antibiotics for awhile, but the vet said the prednizone has some health risks, so I don't want her to be on that all the time. I've been using the coconut oil because I heard it has antibacterial properties to it and that it's safe for cats, and I haven't had to put her on antiobiotics since I've been using it so I think it works to control the bacteria that gets on her skin rashes.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 suggests chamomile tea, cooled, and use tea bags only, so you're getting the German variety.
I believe this can be good both for external as well as internal.
Did you talk with your vet about Atopica - cyclosporine? I'm not a vet and i don't think this is herbal/natural, but might help?

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm so proud, Furballsmom Furballsmom ! Yep, just use it as a skin wash. Dab it on with cotton balls or gauze, or whatever. Since the safe internal dose (for anxiety) is 1-3 tsp up to 3 times a day, there is no danger of exceeding that limit through grooming.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

thunderseed

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay thank you I will definitely try that today, I believe I have some chamomile tea

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
And if you are going a little nuts from trying to deal with her allergies, drink a cup of it yourself!