mom cat is getting over infection and she cries when nursing

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dethstryke

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It is very kind of you to let us know. Often members often want to know how something turned out and you did a spectacular job in taking care of this little family!
I'm just glad they all have homes. I recently got to see a picture of the grey boy cat that my old coworker adopted and he's now a cat! He was sleeping on top of a cardboard box in the photo

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What joy! I'm happy for you and them. :clapcat:

You might try mayonnaise on stain. Put about 1/2 and inch over the stain and let it sit overnight, then wipe off. If you don't get it all off the spot will be slippery. Sometimes it takes repeat work on dark wood. I've been using it for years. It works well on cat scratches on wood. Dog scratches are a little deeper than cats manage, so it doesn't always work. I know this is a urine burn but thought it might be worth the try.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, and I just saw your resident kitty on the chair - how is Skittles?

By the way, I didn't catch if you said a while back in your thread, but which brand was it that you used?
The calming treats really really work.

Last edited:

dethstryke

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Skittles is doing well! Her belly fur is starting to grow back in. I am away from my apartment right now but I will gladly tell you what kind of treats she really liked. All I know is they are kind of tacky and have a strong smell that will linger on upholstery and your fingers! Lol but she likes it

dethstryke

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What joy! I'm happy for you and them. :clapcat:

You might try mayonnaise on stain. Put about 1/2 and inch over the stain and let it sit overnight, then wipe off. If you don't get it all off the spot will be slippery. Sometimes it takes repeat work on dark wood. I've been using it for years. It works well on cat scratches on wood. Dog scratches are a little deeper than cats manage, so it doesn't always work. I know this is a urine burn but thought it might be worth the try.
My brother recommended using hydrogen peroxide soaked paper towels like this

Attachments

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you can do both. Start with your brother's suggestion, kind family suggestions should always be tried first. Then, if need be, try the mayo. However, if you do, you'll need to keep the door shut to that room over night or Skittles will be snacking! Our, I-hate-people-food-including-fish-and-cheese cat loves mayo.